My Hp deskjet f4280 wont scan and power light just blinks when scan button is pressed?

I use a MacBook with snow leopard and when I want to scan something the light on the power button just blinks quickly and then stops after about 15 seconds. Something used to pop up on the screen and it would begin scanning but it doesn't do that anymore. I reinstalled the driver and updates and still does not... show more I use a MacBook with snow leopard and when I want to scan something the light on the power button just blinks quickly and then stops after about 15 seconds. Something used to pop up on the screen and it would begin scanning but it doesn't do that anymore. I reinstalled the driver and updates and still does not work. It used to work but don't remember if it worked since I updated from Leopard to Snow Leopard. Inside the HP software it does not even recognize the scanner.

Has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it?