Problems with Steam login.?

When I enter my login info and press "login", the client freezes and becomes unresponsive. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Note: I've updated Steam, uninstalled it, re-installed it, ect. I have an older system with a slower connection, but no amount of waiting allows it to load.

I'm not attempting to download, play, or do anything with any games. Just simply log in.

Favorite Answer

"I have an older system..."

That is your problem.

I also have a clean laptop and downloaded Steam. i want to acquire some video games out of my Library, yet there is not any "Library" heading (yet there is for shop, community, etc.) that i can get admission to; altho that's there on my old laptop. How am i able to get admission to my Library?

Disable your firewall if you have one, because when it denies Steam, Steam could just fu ck up completely, like the problem you are having.

Source(s): My Best Guess