? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

NY GIANTS MOCK DRAFT. (UPDATED)?

1st. Trade our round 1, round 3, round 4, and round 7 draft picks for the 5th pick in round 1.

Round 1- SS Eric Berry

Round 2- ILB Brandon Spikes

Round 5- DT Lamarr Houston ( Hopefully DT Terrence Cody slips this far for us)

Round 6- RB Curtis Steele or OT Tony Washington

Free Agents we should pick up in this order-

1. MLB Karlos Dansby

2. G Jahri Evans

3. FS Darren Sharper

4. CB Ellis Hobbs

5. LB Thomas Davis

6. DE Juluis Peppers

7. S George Wilson

8. P Brad Maynard

Whats your thoughts? Give me your mock draft and FA signings.

I know we can't pick up all the FAs I listed, but we sould pursue them in that order. If we can just pick up Dansby, Davis, Hobbs, and Wilson we would be in good shape. Also the Saints will porbably franchise Evans, so we might have a chance on Sharper or the other way around.

Favorite Answer

Wishful thinking but very unrealistic. No way the Giants trade up to get Eric Berry not for their 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounder. Doing something like that is not the Giants way as is overspending for free agents. Dansby wants 30 million guaranteed very doubtful the Giants cough up that kind of money. The only other free agent on that list that the Giants might be able to get is George Wilson which could be a good pick up. Maynard was originally drafted by the Giants and played for them for 3 seasons but he wanted off the east coast.

I don't know much about they Giants drafting position, but to trade that many pick to move up ten spots doesn't seem worth it. What the Giants need is depth which is what you use those later picks for. I agree that pursuing Karlos Dansby would be a good choice because of the departure of Antonio Pierce, but he doesn't exemplify great leadership qualities which is what I think their defense really needs. I disagree with going after any safeties because there are so many young safeties currently on the roster and they should get another year to see how they develop. I think Brandon Spikes would be a great player to go get in the first round. I think he is the top linebacker in the draft and if they can't get Dansby would be a great fit. Guard is a position that I don't feel needs immediate attention they have two players, Kevin Boothe and Will Beatty who could slide inside, who could fill in for an injured starter. Ellis Hobbs would be perfect, he fits the system and is very talented. Thomas Davis would be another good guy to get if they can't get Spikes or Dansby. Julius Peppers and Brad Maynard would be wasted money based on the talent and depth they already have at those positions.

No way the Saints let both Shaper and Evans go.

Nor will the Giants throw enough money out there to get Dansby, Evans, Sharper, AND Peppers. They would have to break the bank to rake in that many top caliber players.

Too much. You'll be lucky and settle for maybe one of the free agents on your list.

This is a joke. Speaking as a Giants fan your draft isn't even poor, its just comical

Good, good but you won't pick up Peppers because he will be gone in about a month and the Giants won't get him. Very good, no arguing though

• HEEELLLL NOO!! You must not know what cap space is! The Giants gotta be rich!

delusional