Zoe Hui asked in SportsOlympics · 10 years ago

Will Plushenko Be The Last Person Ever Perform a Quad?

The ISU has already killed quads in pair figure skating.

With a score difference of 0.3 points between a quadruple and a triple triple, nobody does back to back quadruple in competition anymore.

Do you think there will ever be any brave soul attempt the most different jump on earth ?

Favorite Answer

Well,definitely Plushenko likes quads and does them well..sometimes better than other times ,but the thing is that all the other ones ,until now, do not really succeed in doing one quad,not to talk about the jump of the future the 5s.At this moment I can't say that Plushenko will be the last but the younger ones should do something about it and try to include and perform quads during their shows.It would be so boring to see another 4 years of 3-2 or 3-3 wouldn't it?

Plushenko's old news, who cares about him?

Watch the Worlds next month and you'll see Ryan Bradley kick *** with his quad.

Ok this is from someone who doesnt normally watch ice skating, lives in Australia where winter olympic sports are not funded or given high profile but I watched that event you are talking about and whilst I think the american who won it was good the russian Plushenko was ripped off.

I thought the idea of the games was to show your skills, execute them perfectly and gracefully and do things that have a high degree of difficulty. If you did all those things you got a mark that let you win. He did the lot and still dipped out. How is it that someone can win when they dont do as many difficult jumps/spins/twists?

I figure Im totally unbiased here, no aussies will be a threat I would think its fair to say, but if I was the russian I would feel like there is more to it and he WAS the better skater to watch.

would you guys justify a medal given to a pole vaulter who beautifully and artistically takes 5.50 meters while other guy takes 6 meters?

figure skating is also a sport, so why is it happens? probably plushenko was not ideal that evening, but he is WAAAAAAAAAY stronger and does better jobs than Evan. Plushenko will be remembered and his name will be in history, but no one will remember Evan then. Evan-who? What was so special about him?

And BTW that japanese guy who took bronze was the only one who attempted the quad.

I hope Evan comes back in Sochi and does the quad as just to say STFU already.

• scrgrl

He makes me want to hope so with all his bitching...I seriously doubt it though. I think somebody will actually perform one perfectly...something Plushenko couldn't do with all his moaning. He used to be my favorite figure skater...I hate whiners so I'm through with him.

screw quads I wanna see a 5xer now that would be awesome