How do you say 'who was born on...' in french?

im doing a french writing task and i need to know how to say 'my favourite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio, who was born on November 11th, 1974, but im a bit confused with how to translate it.

I dont know if this is right-

mon acteur préféré est Leonardo DiCaprio, qui a né le onze novembre, 1974

and i have no idea how you would translate 1974 or even if you need to translate it or can i just leave it like that??

but i just need a little bit of help

thank you soooo sooooo much in advance!!!! (:

i also need to say he was born in Los Angeles, California in the same sentence so it'd be something like. my favourite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio, who was born on November 11th 1974, in Los Angeles, California

• Bri..
    Favorite Answer

"'mon acteur favori est Leonardo DiCaprio, qui est né le 11 Novembre, 1974"

And as far as I know, you wouldn't change the "1974" but it's possible you would have to SAY it differently if you're reading it out loud. Not 100% sure though, sorry.

Mon acteur préféré est Leonardo DiCaprio, qui était né le 11 novembre 1974.

Source(s): translator

Hmmm... You wouldn't say "qui a né." If you really want to use "qui" (which means "who"), you would say "qui est né" because you are saying that he was born at some time, not that he has born at that time. Though, I wouldn't use "qui," I wouldn't use "who was born." I would say "and he was born" so: "et il est." It just sounds better but I'm sure you wouldn't get marked off if your said "qui."

No you do not need to translate 1974. French can read numbers, they're not that stupid. Though you'll have to say the number in French if you're reading it out loud...

It's

"qui est né le onze novembre"

Le yes! You're right, mademoiselle. It is the right thing to say in french. I french and i only know like 50 word in my language. I know I'm wrong, monsieur/mademoiselle. Just let me know if you boy or girl. OK? Merci! (thank you) Look on the internet, stupid!