Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Teen has been having sex and now is pregnant!?

Okay my daughter Beth Ann is the oldest and she is 12years old. One of my oldest but younger than Beth, Lucy Marie, is 9years old. My middle child is Andrea Brandon and she is 5 years old. I have 2year old twins, Riley and Evermore are my children. But right now i have adopted a 15 year old girl. Lately she has wanted to go to parties and go to her new boyfriends house. I don't no what to think really. I have caught her kissing her new boyfriend, or Dillon, on the bed. My other kids have been curious to what they are doing. They have accused her of making funny animal noises when her boyfriend is in her room. I have yet to catch her in the act... I wonder id she is having sex at a age too young. I can't kick her or both out because i haven't caught them in the act. Just about 10 minutes ago, my adopted daughter came to me. She had to talk to me about sex. And well she broke the news that she is pregnant! I don't know how to react. Should i make her keep the baby, or have an abortion. I am totally against abortion! But i don't know what to do. She can't take it to school or anything! My husband died about a year ago. My life has been hectic. I feel as if all this is my fault, for not talking to her about sex. I am having financial problems right now, and i'm not going to send the baby to get adopted. My daughter wouldn't like that. She has been through it, she knows what it's like. I asked her what she wanted to do with the baby, and she cried. She didn't know what to do. She apologized, i didn't even know what to do or say. Help, advice would be appreciated!

Favorite Answer

Let her decide on what to do.

Please let her read this.

I know what you are going through. I had twins at the age of 16, that's not really saying much because I'm 17 now. But I know that my daughter and son are my life, and that I was lucky to be blessed with such a gift. It is really up to you to decide, no one else can to this for you.

You need to figure out if you can handle a child, or if you can't. Me, well, I'm against abortions, but this is all really up to you. Just know that it will change your life, their will be days that are bad, but the good days cover up the bad ones.

I would also like to say that if you keep them, when they first smile, it fills your heart to the brim!

Its not like all teens do this but it starts as a rebellion, or a feeling of intent lust. Then you're having fun and it's all a whirl-wind of fun and excitement. I'm 17 and I started having sex at 15. I am now pregnant with my first child and I'm 22 weeks along. I won't say this isn't partially my fault but this definitely wasn't my plan. It's not any teen girl's plan. And don't blame us for all of it, guys are the ones pressuring us so early in life. Don't be so hard on us pregnant teens. Life's hard on us already.

I think as hard as it may be for your daughter in your situation abortion may be the right thing to do. I am pro choice but it will be hard but shes far too young to even go through pregnancy never mind labour and then bring up her baby and you already have too much pressue on you by the sounds of it hunnie. If your going to do the abortion do it soon though so its less painful for your daughter and the baby and less traumatic. Hopefully this baby may understand when their in heaven that you had to do it and they will look over your family for you. Good Luck too you. Sorry too hear you have such a awful decision to make.

Well unfortunate as her situation is, you cannot make her have an abortion. That's against the law. Her body. Her baby. Her choice.

You need to let her know that you're there for her and discuss the options she has with her calmly without trying to pressure her one way or the other.

She's going through a very tough time right now, and I'm sure you're worried sick for her and the baby.

Just take it easy, and try to talk to her and see if she'll open up.

Good luck.

Source(s): 33 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my baby boy at age 19.

DO NOT let her get an abortion. it will haunt her for the rest of her life. i am a teenage mother as well. and my best friend was 15 when she had her daughter. talk to her and let you know you support her. that you are disappointed but you will be there for her. my mom had this talk with me and idk what i would have dont without her support and being there for me. it will be hard but in the long run it is the wise decision. remember she is jsut as scared as you are. please do that right thing. its hard on someone to know that they have a baby growing inside of them and suddenly its gone and the more stress you put on her at that young of an age the easies it will be for her to miscarry. support her. age doesnt define how good of a mother you are. i am 17 now and a terrific mother. i have sacrificed alot but it was well worth it. i would be willing to talk to you or her if you think it will help. blonderthanblond891@yahoo.com

I am sorry to hear about your husband. And i think you should let her keep the baby, school would be a problem thow. She can get a home school for a while, till baby is born. Dont do abortion thow.

Hope that helps :)

im so sorry for your loss, and i think you should stay by her side. my parents kicked me out because i wouldnt do an adoption or abortion, and it killed me. she needs you and even thow you are low on finances you're a family and you shouldnt just give up on family. shes still your daughter, and would you do it to one of the younger ones if they were older. she needs your support.

Source(s): my experience

look love her tell her it will be ok but make sure to get across the point here.

abortion is sick in a way and if she wants it shes bringing her own doom...

on a more positive note welcome new granny