If government is supposed to work for their constituents, isn't lobbying just legalized corruption?

Favorite Answer

Indeed it is like immeasurable other corruptions in the U.S. government representatives no longer work for the perople they work for their checkbooks..they do whatever is going to make them money...i.e. central banking which is the banking system established in the U.S. and arguably the most corrupt form of banking in existence. every dollar produced by this bank has a certain amount of interest attached to it yet the central bank is the only establishment producing new currency and this means our nation is in endless debt...the people who run this bank also have great control over the economy as they have control over inflation so they can put smaller banks out of business and by them out monopolizing the banking industry... international bankers and prominent business figures i.e. Rockefeller, J.P. Morgan...pushed the bill through congress through the use of lobbyists so to answer your question yes lobbying is legalized corruption the essence of our government is corruption even something that is completely unconstitutional like income tax, a direct, unapportioned tax, was made legal because of lobbysists.

Yes mst of the time but some lobby groups are actually advocates for purpose beyond monetary or Corporate Power. Their are goups that advocate for the benefit of we the people. Think of Lobby groups for enviromental Protection and Health Care for Example.

I know usually when I hear lobbyist my stomach automatically churns but in some cases they are beneficial.

A lot of those lobbyists work for you. If you have a stand on any social issues, regardless of where you stand on them, there are lobbyists pushing it. If you eat, sleep or breath, there are lobbyists, if you work for a company, are self employed, disabled, whatever your situation, lobbyists are there pushing for it.

There is a lot more corruption, shady deals, and illegal activities that occur in the 527 groups, than in conventional lobbying.

Business is constituents too.

There is a lobbyist organization for every political belief in America.

In fact the average voter has more power contributing to their favorite lobbying organization then just giving money to a candidate.

Corporate money in politics is not the problem as long as we know who is giving money to who.

See I know any politician, proposition, or initiative getting big money from big labor union does not get my vote.

I flex my muscle by joining the NRA.

You can join the AARP.

Source(s): Big Labor to Dems http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?in... Here you can see the top lobbyists the Heavy Hitters are labor unions not corporations. http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/index.php

Yes. Corporate money in the political system is the single biggest problem in govt today. We have a govt. of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations.

nothing but kickbacks kickbacks make our gov. officials rich at our expense vote them out many are so old they just don't give a shiot about the people or what we want or need

yes

Companies own my asss.