Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 1 decade ago

Why is Plushenko acting like such a *****?

The Russian figure skater guy who lost to Lysacek last night.

He's seriously acting like a snob. A clean routine is the best thing you can have, which he did not. He sacrificed cleanliness for difficulty, and he payed the price for it. He was a "going through the motions" skater, not someone who actually put his heart into it. Meanwhile, Lysacek (as well as pretty much every single one of the other skaters) was practically crying after finishing.

He doesn't need to say that Lysacek is not a true champion for not having a quad. A true champion would be humble and they would practice real sportsmanship.

Johnny Weir IMO should have scored higher for both of his programs. He skated cleanly and the artistic value was there. Sure, some of the transitions may have been a little messy, but he still gave it his all.

I think they scored him a bit lower because of his spunk xD (just kidding)

Favorite Answer

Well, it would be hard on anyone, I think. It's not to say that his behavior is acceptable, but anyone can be upset in the heat of the moment. He did have a pretty big goal in his grasp, trying to match Dick Button and all. We'll see if he acts more polite when he cools down a little.

I definitely think he's being ridiculous about the quad, though. I agree with the guys who say that it's the future of the sport, and that you need to push boundaries- (I wish the women were pushing the difficulty level more!)- but it's still only one jump. Saying that Plushenko deserves the gold just for having a quad is like saying that a book is only good because of its opening lines. It's the whole package that counts- all the other elements, the passion, and especially the GOE. Plushenko just looked sloppy this time around, at least in the free skate.

I think Lysacek absolutely deserved his gold. As for Johnny Weir, though- I do wish his score had been a little higher, even if his difficulty level was lower. I mostly prefer the new scoring system, but there is something painful about seeing passionate, elegant skaters get punished for putting art over technical merit. I'm not that unhappy with his score, but yes, I thought it was too low

I watched the men's competition and I will tell you this the right guy won. Plushenko and Lysacek both skated cleanly in the short program. In the long program Lysacek had a very clean skate while Plushenko didn't hit his more difficult jumps and were not landed cleanly and I thought he was going to fall at one point. I can understand if he was a little angry however the only person he has to blame is himself. If he would have landed those 2 jumps cleanly he would have won gold. Some of the Russian media have taken this idea that he was robbed to far. One reporter presented him with a Platinum medal with the idea that platinum is more valuable than gold. Plushenko maybe one of the best skaters in the world but his lack of class and sportsmanship makes him one of the worst skaters. His ego will not let him accept that he failed. I got some news for him you can't win all the time sooner or later you will be beat. You can't blame your loss on everything else and not blame yourself. I wonder if he will change his tune once he sees his performance but I doubt that highly.

• --

I agree, he should have been humble, especially since he's already won a gold in the past. I think that he's being selfish. Lysacek's performance was much cleaner and Plushenko is just thinking about himself. Lysacek deserves the gold, not Plushenko. I agree with the other person who said that Plushenko is not being a good role model to young people. Saying to the world that Lysacek is not a true champion is cruel. The quad is not the only factor that determines the score.

Given the way he breezed through Russian Nats and Europeans as well as the Grand Prix events, I guess he expected to have no competition. Lysacek had something to prove to himself and the World, so he played the game right.

It is too bad - a FORMER Olympic Champion should be more gracious.

Not much a role model for youth.

Becoause He can. He Is the Plushenko.. And He Will Place High Even If He Sucks :P He Should Have been WAY Lower Than Johnny.. But They Let Him Get Away With Being A Whiney *****.. So He Dose.

Only people who know nothing about figure skating think Lysec deserves the gold.

In the short program (which is included in the final score), Plushenko did quadruple, Lysec did triple triple. And yes, they got almost the same score.

In the long program, Plushenko landed his quad again even though he was the last one to skate and the ice was extremely rough.

If quad was so easy, why won't Lysec even try once in his programs?

Plushenko got robbed twice.

What do you expect from him? Smile and say thank you?

______________

Source(s): This new system is in place because the same judges cheated in pair ice dancing before. Even the Japanese skaters said that the new system is heavily skewed to put chicken like Lysacek on top. That's also why Elvis Stojko called it "The Night They Killed Figure Skating". _______________

hes acting like an *** because he knows hes good , and well hes right hes amazing ... but he payed the price for being a prick and lost , but i think Lysacek shouldnt have won

He thinks he is the best well obviously not. He is a sore loser,if you are to lose, lose like a man

• ?

because he is