Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i know everyone says this but, I reallly want and need to lose some weight! but i feel like it just won't happ?

I just turned 18, and the one thing i want to do this year is get fit! I know everyone says this but, I really do not want to be that uncomfy fat girl on prom (nothing is wrong with bigger people, this is just my opinion for myself)

Im around 5'6, maybe 180 pounds. my legs are pretty lean, and same with my arms. all my weight is around my stomach. its as if im wearing this extra belt, its so unpropotional its weird. I wanna lose my stomach, and tone it. I dont want a double chin when slightly move my chin down. All this said, im not looking to be some super model. I just want a good curvy toned body. Ive been definetly eating less (i can eat ALOT) and ive been staying away from junk. I dont have a gym membership but im aloud going for free 3 times, and im really considering getting one.

Will i be able to be my goal weight or at least looking good for prom, in june?

how many times should i excersie, and let me hear your story, im very anxious and feel like its just not going to happen.

thank you!

Favorite Answer

You can find tips in a web search for "permanent fat loss".

It can DEFINITELY happen!

The first step - which is asking for help - you've already done.

Now, you just need to follow through on changing your diet and getting some exercise.

Your diet is more important than exercise, so I'll focus on that.

First - you need to really cut out all sugary foods like candy, cookies, cakes, soda, sweet juices, etc. If it tastes sweetened - it's going to hurt your progess.

Second - you need to try to cut out as much as possible how much rice, bread and pasta you eat.

They are loaded with carbs, which are really what causes most weight gain.

Lastly, try to drink a lot of water and eat more veggies than you do now.

And of course, exercise when you can.

I'm very confident that if you can follow these steps, you'll see impressive results.

Good luck!

Source(s): Years of fitness, exercise and nutritional experience.

to be honest, toning your body if your a bigger person is solely surounding cardio. jog as often as you can for as long as you can. i am 16. 6 foot even. i used to weigh 250. however i was much more built then i am now. anyways, i jogged twice daily about 3 miles and didnt stop jogging, no walk breaks but no sprinting, to preserve energy. i also drank alot before meals. i excessively drank about eight fair glasses of water before every meal so most of my excretions were urine. i did my best, however it wasnt very good, to watch the calories, fats, trans fats, and alll that good stuff that i consumed. howeever dont feel alone if you find it dificult. calculating meals cooked by someone else can be a bit**. i cut the grass once a week with a push lawnmower and i have a 2 and 1/2 acre yard. in a matter of a month, i dropped to about 225. it is a very drastic drop so you must take additional vitamins and metabolism supplements. i also suggest fiber pills. the faster you can pass the food you do eat the less your body absorbs the fats and stuff in it. also, having emptied your body from lunch to supper, it gives your body the opportunity to tighten up, like your stomach, intestines, and all the other digestive organs. i do hop my story and my semiguide assist you in your quest and good luck.

The gym is a waste of money? Yeah you can ignore that guys answer. While a gym membership isnt mandatory to losing weight and getting in shape, it can help you make it happen much faster. Combine a workout with aerobics and you'll accomplish your goals. Check out bodybuilding.com. They have a lot of good articles for beginners.

Im 5'6 and i was 208 pounds i've lost 83 pounds and i'm now 125!

Just eat as little fat as possible have some protein, and work out.

Do these simple workouts:

Go for a jog: Cardio works out your muscles around your stomach as well as your legs.

Hulahoop: Works out your lower stomach muscles. (Even pretend to hulahoop)

Dance: Works out many muscles. (Just dance to your fav song daily)

Run up and down stairs: Your stomach muscles sway back and forth to lift your legs.

Look up on the internet for many other simple workouts for your stomach!!!!

And OF COURSE you can get to your goal by June if your commited!!!! Good Luck!!

im also trying to lose weight too. You feel like you want it sooo bad but its soo hard. Im 128 and i want to be 115 sooo bad. I workout tons and im always doing diffrent things like pilates, kickboxing, running, anything i can find. but i cant seem to go any lower. I also have been eating salads and only salad and eating 200 to 300 calories day. Idk im ready to give up but just keep moving and always diet and remember if you want it badly enough it is possible. I do lose weight but then i gain it back by bingeing. but i know that if i stay focused i will get to my goal. You can two just remeber how great you feel after working out and remember your not far from looking sexy in that prom dress. Everyone is going to love the new you and make everyone eat there words!!!! I beleive i will make it to my goal weight. I know i can do it!!! suck it up and remember your just dieting for a little while. the good food isnt going away for ever. just for a little while. So give it up and when your done you can treat yourself good!! Good luck to you and good luck to me!!! we can do it!

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

Consume low calorie food

Add extra 10 or 15 mins to your cardio routine

drink 3 cups of green tea in 24 hours researchers say it can increase energy expenditure by 106 calories

Set new goals even you lose 10 pounds