Is It Proper to Speak to Christian Parents Through Their Children?

If we are to follow the example that Christ set for us, and to go to the Father through the Son, should we then address Christian parents by way of their children? What would the proper way of doing this be without seeming creepy? Thanks for your thoughts!

Favorite Answer

Go watch "Fall From Grace" and/or "Jesus Camp", then come back and tell me using kids to "get" their parents (or anyone else) is a good idea.

Something of this nature should never be tasked to children to do. While children are not dumb by any means, they still lack knowledge, and are still greatly influenced by adults.

In other words, most kids don't have enough information under their belts to make an informed decision, on what it is they do or don't believe. They wouldn't fully understand what they were doing. They'd just be following some spiritual leader's orders.

So to ask them, no USE them to spread propaganda of any kind is disgusting!

For one, with my experience with kids, what they say can come out wrong and they are not good at interpreting someone else's feelings. That's putting a lot of expectations on a child. The situation with Christ and the Father is different because Christ is God. We on the other hand are human, we make mistakes and we live in sin. What you are asking sounds like you are asking a child to be Christ. God is perfect, He is the Almighty. Christ and God are one so one would have no need for one to correct the other. The only one who corrects is God through the Holy Spirit through conviction and the only thing he correct is us because we are sinful.

Whatever issues you have, you should confront either the person directly, or talk to someone in charge, such as a Pastor, counselor or boss. Children do not have the ability or maturity or understanding to be a mediator, that pressure is too much for a child and will only make matters worse. I hope this makes sense and helps you out, whatever situation you are in.

Matthew 18:15-20

15"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

• Godboy

Not totally clear on the specifics of your question , but I sometimes use the grapevine to make first contact on a topic, then when we follow up, it is not so shocking. It could be wrong to trash a parent before the childs eyes, or it could be good to include the child in influencing the parent towards goodness and the righteous holy love that is sent from the beautiful and holy God:the Lord of Hosts

• NXile

Absolutely not! Teach the parents, and allow them to teach their own children. No matter what the parents may believe, you have no right to teach their children that which the parents may not approve of.

There's no way for it not to be creepy, because it is creepy to the fullest.

We teach them in Sunday School...

and should be setting examples for them at all times. Children learn what they live..

• Serena

Your logic is flawed. The Bible clearly talks about adults talking to adults when there are problems or other things arise, and those who wrote the Bible never recommend talking to kids about something a parent needs to know.

Source(s): I've actually read the Bible.

I can't even imagine a scenario when that might happen