Jehovah's Witnesses: Views on Self Defence etc - I have a Question... READ ON...?

Hey :) I'm a 14 year old unbaptised Jehovah's witness. About 2 years ago, i joined a Ju-Jitsu club at my local gym- not realising that it does infact have roots in other religions. Since i left, my father has wanted me to find another way of protecting myself - self defense - because if i am attacked... show more Hey :)
I'm a 14 year old unbaptised Jehovah's witness.
About 2 years ago, i joined a Ju-Jitsu club at my local gym- not realising that it does infact have roots in other religions.
Since i left, my father has wanted me to find another way of protecting myself - self defense - because if i am attacked one day, i will be able to protect myself. He has encouraged me to go back to my old club so i can continue from where i left off (I achieved my orange belt - 4th belt - which for each belt i got, i got with honours but the last which i got with credit.).
I told him last night when the subject got brought up after watching the Bill, that i really didn't want to go back to anything like this or join another club because fighting is wrong in Jehovah's eyes - He wants us to be peacable with eachother, not to fight. I also explained that most, if not all martial arts do dabble in religions - mainly the 3 most know eastern ones- Buddism, Confucianism and Taoism.
I also told him that you can't just do something like that as exercise, you have to involve religion! its involved from the start! - I actually read an article on Yoga after it we began doing it for physical education - me and my friend have both told out teachers that we can't participate because of our religious beliefs.

My dad has told me to look for a martial art/ some kind of self defense course, that will benefit me without going against the bible teachings and of course our Heavenly Father Jehovah. The only problem is, is that i can't seem to find something that is suitable, nor do i want to participate in something like this. I have read a number of articles via the watchtower cd rom, and i have attempted to show my dad that we shouldn't straight away resort to using some kind of weapon- if that be our own body or a literal tool e.g. a gun - we should use bible principles - wisdom, and try to overcome a situation that way- by not making it worse.

My question is - Is there a form of self defense that is NOT against bible teachings?
What do you personally think i should do in this situation?

I need to point out though, that my dad isn't baptised- my mother is and she has tried to explain that she doesn't want me to participate in that type of thing either but my dad doesn't always seem to listen- he interupts what im saying sometimes, and doesn't pay enough attention in my opinion...

I would really appreciate any help i can get on this topic please, im just unsure what to do, i have said that i have found articles that he may want to read, i have mentioned about what the bible says but he wants more....

Thankyou,
From
Dina :)
Update: Sunshine: Lol, erm, to be honest i'm not sure whether i have or whether i haven't. I know that, when i went on the 2009 watchtower disk, i typed in a variety of things that could be related and i mainly looked at articles from awakes...
Update 2: Sunshine: i haven't actually thought about that, i could talk to him about that though.
Update 3: Sunshine: Thankyou, i will have a look at that article in a minute :) Deucedog: I was brought up by my mom as a JW and although i am only 14, i am intelligent enough to know i have found the truth! I understand where you are coming from but, religion always comes into things, if it has roots, why isn't it... show more Sunshine: Thankyou, i will have a look at that article in a minute :)

Deucedog: I was brought up by my mom as a JW and although i am only 14, i am intelligent enough to know i have found the truth! I understand where you are coming from but, religion always comes into things, if it has roots, why isn't it going to become involved even if it is for exercise or whatever?
Update 4: Sunshine: Thankyou, you have given me loads to think about! I'm going to continue to think about it all, and gather as much information i can. I don't want to upset my dad but by going against what he believes is for my best interests is already disappointing him :(