What does "nudge nudge wink wink" mean exactly?

I know its from Monty Python or something but what exactly does it mean?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul H
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The context of the skit from Monty Python was a married man was talking to a stranger. The stranger started asking him personal questions about his sex life. But he wouldn't come out and say it so he would say "wink wink nudge nudge" and "say no more" when the man would innocently try to answer

here just watch the sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3_UCm1A5I

Youtube thumbnail

• hoehl
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

• 10 years ago

The phrase is part of "nudge nudge wink wink, know what I mean? Say no more, say no more, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind man"

It implies that not everything is being said clearly and completely, that some message is implied. The question "Does she like candid photography?" implies that she may like to have "naughty" photos taken of her.

The irony and great humor of this bit is that the questioner, played by Eric Idle, has not a clue of what he's talking about.

Source(s): great fan of Monty Python
  • 10 years ago

For a good answer, you'd need to give more context.

However, people usually say it to draw attention to a double entendre they may have made.

For example:

"I'm going on a date with my girl tonight"

"Well be sure to show her a _good time_. Nudge nudge, wink wink."

The second person is trying to draw attention that the "good time" he talks about means more than just in the context of the date (ie. sex).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does "nudge nudge wink wink" mean exactly?

I know its from Monty Python or something but what exactly does it mean?

Source(s): quot nudge nudge wink wink quot exactly: https://biturl.im/ykBfX
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's a gesture that accompanies an innuendo. Example: Your dad says, "I just got a $5,000 bonus at work. I wonder what I should do with it." and you say, "You could buy a new car for your favorite child, wink wink nudge nudge."

• henle
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Wink Wink

• NT
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

It means "I get the joke" and takes the place of actually nudging someone with your elbow and winking. It's a jokey way of implying an unspoken connotation, such a man telling his teenage son, "Little Sally Jones has really grown up, eh, son?" when the neighbor's beautiful daughter waves hello.

• 5 years ago

nudge nudge wink wink means nudge nudge wink wink. they do this even now they do this 2 me to.

God bless all in Jesus name AMen.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/yWsrW

Go for it, lick my belly button too. ooooh, that tickles. Thanks for wink, wink, nudge,nudge!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.