What is your definition of 'God'? What/who is God to you?

Favorite Answer

IN all love,

God is a name we give to the mystery of life and its source. In its fullness it is something we can not penetrate or know. He is transcendent beyond our capacity to know. So the names we give him are but metaphors to describe and capture what we try to grasp in understanding when God condescends in such a way that we may behold him partially.

While "God" can not be known, the anointed state of Christ, Buddha, Tzadik, God conscious, Krisna conscious or any other name that may denote the anointed state, is available to all of us. All of these names identify the same anointed state.

Source(s): The "Radiance"
  • R.

I believe God is my Life, that walks in my path of my salvation, and nothing will separate me from God's Love My savior who I stand firm against temptation and without Him I will be lost.Thanks to Father God in the name of Jesus for what he has done, is doing and will do. I am not the person I once was living in a rebellious life that I turn my back on Him.

God Bless

My definition of God : God is an Idea....

and people are the creators of the idea, in my humble opinion..

My "God" or "Creator" is the universe... We are subjected to the laws that encompass our universe or reality...

"Life" or more accurately what we call life..is a complex Chemical reaction, I'm in constant shock to see how many people fail to see that..

DNA or RNA can be manipulated just like any other reaction, maybe we're still in a time where people can't think outside of the box to conceive what life is...

Well, for sure not the sky daddy all of the above appear to believe in.

(Gave that childish stuff up at about age 8, when my mom confesses that there was no Santa who was "...keeping a list and checking it twice." She admitted nothing else was either.)

As Paul Tillich said, "God is not a being.... god is being itself."

God is the beauty of a flower, or the music of Mozart. God is in the hand of that surgeon who cuts to cure, and it the art of a painter whose work you see that forever changes you. God is the energy of that foal as it runs next to its mother. You are god, when you help someone who truly needs it, and are the best friend any one could have. And for sure I am god as I rescue dogs no one wants, and have dumped them in the hot desert to die.

A sky daddy? Silly, really isn't it?

here, watch this really great video... truly beautiful, I promise, and only 4 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ6ficvJODQ

Religions? Gods? Myths? Rather same dog, different collar.

• BHUDAV

God is just word created by very highly evolved human. It is the synonymous for Universal Energy

Source(s): www.bhudav.blog.co.in
  • Nani

Creator; Love: Mercy; Justice; Compassion: Patience; Goodness. He is all powerful and provides us with everything we need - Jesus the Savior and Messiah. Someone once said he who has everything plus God has no more than he who has nothing plus God.

• mad

The human beings calling the supernatural power who created the universe as God. That supernatural power don't know that his name is God. God word created by man.

so, no definition of God. The supernatural power is only god to me. We can call him by any name.

Blessings to all. God is my every thing, the head of my life My Master, my maker, and the creator of all things seen and un seen , I see the Majesty of his power in the Universe, in his people and on the earth. Peace to all.

Source(s): Me.

god- imaginative human being created by a person that was extreamly bord whilst sitting in his hut a very long time ago with his goats.

soooooo he isn't real, and I don't care what other people think when it comes to this topic, because there is no scientific proof as to where we came from or why we are here... and blah blah blah blah blah. go ahead and copy and paste a 'quote' from the bible with random words that nobody can understand and constently try to 'decode' soo. you realy don't have to copy and past a 'quote' from a massively produced -BOOOK-

god was thought up, because people were scared OF dieing and they wanted to know where they would go to and what would happen to them, so they believed all this junk that some dude thought up. and they are happy with it.

Church- random mumbo jumbo thrown together by a people who have the same stupid beliefs. AKA Waste of everyones time.

Source(s): MY personal belief system.

God is our maker, and creator. He is our reason for being here, and the one we have to serve. He sent Jesus to teach and other prophets to reach people and to show them what is right and wrong. It's still in a book today, and we should all try to live each day by those words. NO one is perfect and never will be, so, we have to just keep trying.

God is good, but he is a jealous God and we need to "only", worship him.

Source(s): Christian, and faith, and life trials!