What really happens after we die?

Has anyone ever stopped to think what would happen after we die? Many religions say our spirits rise up to heaven where we live in the clouds and look down on the world. Others say we die then reincarnate as another living creature. Some of us think that when we die,nothing happens. I know that my mother thinks... show more Has anyone ever stopped to think what would happen after we die? Many religions say our spirits rise up to heaven where we live in the clouds and look down on the world. Others say we die then reincarnate as another living creature. Some of us think that when we die,nothing happens. I know that my mother thinks that when we die our spirits become one with the stars. But as for me, I'm an athiest.

Basically, these are mainly just stories.But no one really knows for sure because you can't experience an after-life and come back to tell the tale.

To be honest,I'm afraid to find out.I know that because I'm 18 I still have a long way to go before I die,unless, if i die early in a horrible tragedy. But then, what would we do afterwards when we do die? Would we just sulk in where ever,would we be bored,would we be trapped in time? I don't know..

Anyone, give me your opinions. I'm quite interested to see what you have to say.