Do you think a dog put up for adoption, with known behavioral issues,?

Such as fear biting, or any type of aggression towards humans, or behavioral issues at such a degree, be given the chance to be adopted? Or should euthanasia come to play? Am I wrong here in this situation.. So a few days ago, I walked into the animal shelter to see about volunteering again.. I ended up not... show more Such as fear biting, or any type of aggression towards humans, or behavioral issues at such a degree, be given the chance to be adopted? Or should euthanasia come to play?

Am I wrong here in this situation..

So a few days ago, I walked into the animal shelter to see about volunteering again.. I ended up not volunteering at this particular shelter because I wasn't digging the vibe there. Anyway my mom and I decided to check out the kennels with the dogs up for adoption.. As I passed through each kennel, it was incredible which breed type outnumbered the others.. Of course, the pit bull. so many incredibly well mannered, gorgeous pits, I saw a few rotties there, and other breed types. I passed to one kennel and noticed a female pit bull laying in her bed she was about 4 years old.. I walked up to the kennel, put my fist in front for her to smell me, not sticking my hand inside of her kennel and she tried to full out attack me.

I wasn't scared, i didn't care she was a pit, thats not what I looked at. What i did care about was, what the BIG picture was, this dog is up for adoption! I spoke to the supervisor, about the situation, explaining what had happen, and explaining, I am a pit bull lover in general, an OWNER at that, but was concerned for the safety of others with this dog. He got upset at me.. I took him over to the kennel of this dog, and he pointed out on this dogs sheet, which is in front of her kennel, her yellow sticker.. Shes a fear biter with behavioral issues. He preceded to argue with me because I overlooked that detail of "her color" and I shouldnt have stuck my hand near her kennel..ok so.. This dog is up for adoption, but you cant go near her kennel? Wow..

To me, this dog is not suitable for adoption, and should be put out of its misery.. Am I heartless for thinking so? This dog was clearly a product of unstable parents, and poor raising before her time in the shelter..

I checked back with the shelter and they did in deed keep this dog up for adoption.

What are YOUR thoughts? Generally on this topic.
Update: And let me briefly mention, Ive volunteered at a seperate animal shelter for 2 years, have been around many pit bulls and supposed dangerous breeds. And have RARELY come across one that is aggressive.
Update 2: add- towards humans that is..
Update 3: Tulip- I didnt shove my fist in the dogs face.. I put my fist out, for her to smell. Where you got "shove" I dont know.
Update 4: Let me remind you guys, i didnt "shove" or stick my hand "in" her kennel, my hand was outside of her kennel, and she came over to me. I would know better than to stick my hand inside of their kennels.