Why is Fox News sensationalizing already-sensational news?

I just noticed this about the story of the IRS terrorist.

Of all the online news devoted to this story, only Fox took the liberty of publicly flogging the guy's ego - even the Wall Street Journal seems fairly objective (though emphasizing on the headline he was a "tax protester").

So my question is, what is the purpose of morally denouncing someone who is obviously in the wrong, and incidentally dead? Do we need to be told there is "no excuse" to make us avoid following in his footsteps?

These are story intros from various sites:

"AUSTIN, Texas – A software engineer furious with the Internal Revenue Service launched a suicide attack on the agency Thursday by crashing his small plane into an office building containing nearly 200 IRS employees, setting off a raging fire that sent workers running for their lives." - Yahoo

"Joe Stack was upset with the Internal Revenue Service, officials say; at least two people are hospitalized in deliberate air attack. " - msnbc

"A portrait is beginning to emerge of Joseph Stack, the man officials believe set his house on fire and then intentionally crashed a plane into a building with an IRS office." - CNN

"['COWARDLY,CRIMINAL'] Police say 'there was no excuse' for disturbed pilot flying single-engine plane into Texas office building that houses IRS employees." -Fox News

"The pilot of a small plane that slammed into a building in Austin apparently posted an anti-government manifesto and may have targeted the offices of the IRS after a tax dispute." - Wall Street Journal

President Teleprompter - that's a good point. Now relating it to my question, which seems to have not been asked correctly, it would suggest that Fox has been partly editorial due to the inability both of them and their readers to perceive its opinionated quality, in other words the language is utilized to an entirely different art than liberals, independents and such are used to practicing, so we see things that are unintentional. Is that your point?

Also the only other answer I see is that they're doing it for the ratings, but that's why I emphasized that it's inherently sensational news, so why do they need to "embellish" on it to get ratings?

Favorite Answer

FOX means an animal. So, it is for foxes, not human beings. I suggest you to make efforts to change its name as LOMRI NEWS. Lomri is an Urdu language word for fox & people's peception about fox is different from the USA's.

Urdu speakers ridicule lengthy boring meaningless discussions on FOX NEWS. They ask, " How will 'lomris' understand these bogus & boring news ? "

I don't like to watch

LOMRI NEWS

Well, the facts are that this IRS guy was pro-Obama and hated Bush. His suicide letter spells that out. Maybe its wrong for Fox to report these facts, i know that the Obama supporters were just knowing he was gonna be from that silly tea party. sorry, he wasnt.

It just shows what the conservatives and their affiliates(Fox News...for one) have been reduced to when they can't buy everything with money and fear. They can't buy common sense. They are a party that is imploding with their scare tactics and doomsaying. Solutions are what fix things, not poo-pooing about it all. It's a shame when you see supposed 'journalists' selling their integrity for money and power. I don't need to know their opinion...I just want the facts.

• Zelda

Because they have nothing interesting to report, since Scott Brown won Mass. and the health care

plan became a mute issue.

You have to wonder why they are reporting on it at all considering people like Glen Beck encourage such acts of terrorism.

What? FOX NEWS embellishing the truth to garner ratings? You betcha!

Source(s): The reason that FOX NEWS has high ratings,and is mostly watched by republicans,is the same reason that there will be more flies on a fresh steaming pile of dog crap.