Paul claimed that one was saved by faith without works?

Paul made the statement: Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.... show more Paul made the statement:

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

However Jesus said regarding the Law:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Jesus believed that faith involved works. However Paul believed faith didn't involve works. Why do Christians continue to follow Paul. Who contradicted the words of Jesus involving the Law?
Update: Ethan Rae - I don't have a got damn thing mistaken. Is not commandments "WORKS". Please use your head dumb Christian.
Update 2: Royal Racer, That has absolutely nothing to do with what Paul said.