Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Cabbage soup diet for weight loss?

I need to lose between 15 and 20 pounds to be at a healthy weight, and i know there is no quick fix. I know a few people who have done the cabbage soup diet who have had successful weight loss of around 6-10 pounds in a week. I know it should only be done for 7 days and it is not healthy to do for longer periods of time. I am going on vacation in two months, and i was wondering if it would be okay to do it once now, and once the week before i leave? Also if anyone has tried it and had success or has any tips, please let me know! :)

Favorite Answer

You have the right idea - it can't be permanent but it is a quick fix. The idea is to keep up with it (kind of). I've done it and it worked for the week I did it, but the trick is to keep eating really healthy, but not as restrictive as the diet has you eat. I would suggest you use it to kick start a diet or beginning to a healthy lifestyle and like you said, once again before you go so you can maybe get rid of some extra water weight. It's just one week, you'll see results as I did. Also, everyone makes it sound like the food is so awful and repetitive, but just be creative, like sweet potatoes for breakfast, and you'll be fine. Good luck! .. And have fun on vacation!

1

Source(s): Drop 20 lbs fast with this... https://nimbleurl.com/?wdx6m
  • Teresa

The cabbage soup has negative calories and speeds up your metabolism. You can still lose weight but its twice as much beneficial with the cabbage soup. Thats why it's called the "cabbage soup diet". Remember that going to back your regular eating habits gains the weight right back. You should already be healthy (not skinny but healthy) because the cabbage soup diet can leave you feeling light headed. If feeling uneasy you should talk to your doctor or a nutritionist.

I had success with it but I put the weight back when I started eating normal (not exaggerated) again. So, I wouldn't recommended...

Why don't you follow some proven-to-work exercises / fitness routines? There are so many DVDs lying around (you can download lots on sites like http://bodytrainings.com/ ). Pick something that suits you (aerobic, fitness, yoga, dancing, stretching, etc), watch it - do it! If you're doing something you like, it will be so much easier :) I'm doing belly dancing and I get great results as I'm having fun (+ feeling sexy, lol).

Cheers and good luck!

spend 29 minutes mopping over any scuff marks

go retro roller skate for 15 minutes