Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 1 decade ago

Does it mean Syria again occupies Lebanon?

The sounds of explosions heard along the Lebanese-Syrian border in recent days were caused by the blasting of big rocks in the area to make a parking lot for Syrian army tanks, according to the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Siyasa. The paper cited a Lebanese army source which said the blasts were conducted by the men of terrorist Ahmed Jibril Rajoub's pro-Syrian Popular Front terror organization.

The tanks are expected to arrive in the area soon "to protect" Lebanon "from the Zionist enemy".

How can the obsolete Soviet T-55/65/72 tanks, which have never been in rebuilt and without the spare parts, "protect" Lebanon from the Merkawa-III/IV, is something nobody can explain. But they will be quite enough to restore the military occupation of Lebanon by Syria.

Dead Silent, it would be more logic not to wish to see any SYRIAN tanks in your "Da7yeh"(what it means).

Sherry, do me a favour, stop trying to pass for a Jew and Israeli; you make mistakes no Israeli would ever make.

Our confrontation with Iran is practically inevitable. But that does not mean that "all the arab world" would stand for iran; more probably, it would stand AGAINST it.

If you don´t understand so simple things, please do me another favour and spare me your "analysis"

Favorite Answer

You do realize Avi that if a war break out we wouldn’t de fighting against Hezbollah, or Lebanon, we have to confront Syria, Iran and the rest of the Arab world, you take them too lightly, and after that bonehead move that Masaad made it’s going to lower our credibility by all nations, I knew That some Idiots here took it as a victory but that’s not the way the rest of the world took it, if a war break out they will hit us with the weapons that hey hid, like for example Russian surface to air missiles, that they’re not going to use till the time is right, think about it don’t be so gun ho, and don’t ever underestimate Hezbollah and their alies.

No.

Hezbollah used US TOWs against Israeli tanks. Did that mean the US was occupying Lebanon?

i'm against Lebanon , the superb thank you to help Lebanon is to allow Israel to wipe out Hezbollah. installation a extra professional Western regime in that undesirable state does no longer be undesirable the two

Can't they just wait until we're weakened after the war?

I hope every one of your Merkawas blow up before entering Lebanon.

I don't want to be seeing any tanks in my Da7yeh.

Hey, look, since you don't have your messages open, this is the only way I can give you updates,

I talked to my parents yesterday, and so far, the plans to go to Lebanon this summer have been cancelled, and postponed for the next summer. If the plans change, and we end up going, or if I end up going on my own, I'll let you know.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you, so much. You may have saved the life of me and my family. I owe you. (:

I didn't think I'd be successful in changing their minds, but, thanks to you, it worked. But, now my Aunts are mad at me, and if there's no war, and we stayed back for nothing, my sister's gonna kill me.

Well, my mission was accomplished, thanks for pushing me into doing it. (:

Anyways, you should check your email, not on this account, but on your usa one, please? You don't have to reply to me, just check it.

Source(s): And no, I'm not being crazy. But, thanks sooo much. (:

They will work fine on any one trying to run away too. Syria hasn't given up ownership of Lebanon but it's Iran that calls the shots.

You know they do allow active links in Y!A

When we start talking about 3rd and 4th generations of sources and citations I start losing interest in the whole argument some one is making...

It seems lately that there is a possibility of talking peace with Syria. There seems to be no possibility with Lebanon. Maybe it is a good thing. Certainly Israel could meet any threat against it.

Yea that whole Israeli occupation (and still occupies some Lebanese territory) was just a myth.