I need to make an important decision soon (details inside)?

Let me first say this, I beg for anyone to at least read this because this is what this website is about? right? Helping others. This is an important decision that I need to make soon. A few years back, I had a freak baseball accident where I got hit in the left eye with the baseball during the game. I don't... show more Let me first say this, I beg for anyone to at least read this because this is what this website is about? right? Helping others. This is an important decision that I need to make soon.

A few years back, I had a freak baseball accident where I got hit in the left eye with the baseball during the game. I don't want to explain it all but all you need to know is that I am fine and I have the normal vision I had before. This happened while I was in 8th grade by the way. But this accident didn't stop me. I tried-out for the Freshman team for my High School next year and made it fortunately. I had an okay season, not anything special nor bad, but I could have improved it.

Now I'm in 10th grade and I am having doubts about whether trying-out for the JV baseball team at my school. I am having doubts because I'm still having thoughts about that accident I mentioned above happen again (even though it was a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance). The thing is, everyone I know like my parents especially and my friends, after telling them that Im not going to try out this year, were upset about the news. They said your a great player and all and etc..

Now, my question is, should I try out for the team this year (JV)?
Update: If anything sounds unclear, please mention it cause im a bad writer sorta
Update 2: I also don't want to too much stuff cause then you'll probly get impacient
Update 3: @Sarah: The ball hit me so hard, that i was unconscious for a few minutes and had to been taken to the ER. Eventually, they had to cut my eyelid to get all the blood out (Gross I know). But i acknowledge your point about whether I love baseball with a passion. I played on travel teams when i was younger and i... show more @Sarah: The ball hit me so hard, that i was unconscious for a few minutes and had to been taken to the ER. Eventually, they had to cut my eyelid to get all the blood out (Gross I know).

But i acknowledge your point about whether I love baseball with a passion. I played on travel teams when i was younger and i had a blast. I play basketball too and i love the game...im sorry to say but im unsure if i have a passion for baseball as much for basketball