If you use an avatar, why?

And does your avatar really look like you?

If you use a real photo, why did you chose it over an avatar?

And, why chose that photo?

Mine is of my son and I at Texas Rangers Baseball Game, just one of so many happy moments in my life. Just curious how/why others chose their profile.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

real cuz im sexi!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Most people use the cartoon avatars offered by Yahoo because they think they are cool, and some users don't post a custom avatar to protect their privacy. I never really liked the cartoon avatars too much because I have a visual memory, and it's much easier for me to recognize a user if a distinctive avatar is used. I created my avatar when I was in level 5 and never changed it because it's supposed to depict my love for typography. Based on the feedback I got so far, my answers are recognized not only because of my style of writing, but also because of the avatar I use...:-)

• I use an avatar because i dont want to put a picture of myself on the internet. And nobody knows that i come on Y!A so then people wont be able to tell its me because they cant see a photo of me. Yeah i suppose i do look like my avatar :)

• 1 decade ago

I have a little more hair than this. And I chose an avatar over a photo because it's a little more clearer to see.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And does your avatar really look like you?

Yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't want people to know who I really am, but my avatar looks like me.

• SEAX
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If I was going to post a photo, it would be on facebook, not here. I just don't see the point in posting a photo on this sight.

• 1 decade ago

I love love love classic horror movies.

I had a real photo of myself up but I got bored with it.

Hahah.

• luvduv
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i think i actually look like my avatar, and plus i like playing around with my avatar

• 1 decade ago

Just don't feel comfortable showing my face here...

I like the anonymity

oooohhhh....

But yeah, I do look somewhat like my avatar... just more 3D... & human xD

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you dont have flash player you cant make an avatar. wich means you would choose a picture.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.