Avatar vs. Real Photo?

If you use an avatar, why?

And does your avatar really look like you?

If you use a real photo, why did you chose it over an avatar?

And, why chose that photo?

Mine is of my son and I at Texas Rangers Baseball Game, just one of so many happy moments in my life. Just curious how/why others chose their profile.

Favorite Answer

real cuz im sexi!

Most people use the cartoon avatars offered by Yahoo because they think they are cool, and some users don't post a custom avatar to protect their privacy. I never really liked the cartoon avatars too much because I have a visual memory, and it's much easier for me to recognize a user if a distinctive avatar is used. I created my avatar when I was in level 5 and never changed it because it's supposed to depict my love for typography. Based on the feedback I got so far, my answers are recognized not only because of my style of writing, but also because of the avatar I use...:-)

• I use an avatar because i dont want to put a picture of myself on the internet. And nobody knows that i come on Y!A so then people wont be able to tell its me because they cant see a photo of me. Yeah i suppose i do look like my avatar :)

I have a little more hair than this. And I chose an avatar over a photo because it's a little more clearer to see.

Avatar

Yes

I don't want people to know who I really am, but my avatar looks like me.

• SEAX

If I was going to post a photo, it would be on facebook, not here. I just don't see the point in posting a photo on this sight.

I love love love classic horror movies.

I had a real photo of myself up but I got bored with it.

Hahah.

• luvduv

i think i actually look like my avatar, and plus i like playing around with my avatar

Just don't feel comfortable showing my face here...

I like the anonymity

oooohhhh....

But yeah, I do look somewhat like my avatar... just more 3D... & human xD

if you dont have flash player you cant make an avatar. wich means you would choose a picture.