promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Adrian asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

Do all turtles eat lettuce?

Will my turtle eat lettuce? A tiny RES and another one which i cant remember the species.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Dion J
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

Many of them will eat lettuce, but none of them should. Lettuce has virtually zero nutritional value. Baby aquatics are primarily carnivorous anyway.

You need to study up on turtle care.

http://redearslider.com/

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

you will desire to be extra particular at this style of turtle. yet regardless of the species, the respond isn't any. Lettuce has rather any nutritional fee. this is especially created from water. Water turtles (sliders, dirt turtles, and terrapins) consume especially stay nutrition interior the wild. In captivity they consume fish, worms, and crickets. you additionally can feed them commercially attainable turtle pellets alongside with occasional stay nutrition. container turtles and different land tortoises feed on a sort of vegetables, end result, and bugs. maximum vegetables which contain collard vegetables, mustard vegetables, and kale are healthful. they'll consume end result like bananas, cantaloupe, and apples. they like bugs like mealworms and earthworms. in case you stumbled on the turtle interior the wild, please enable it bypass. Turtles taken from the wild in no way do besides in captivity. Captivity will rigidity them out and frequently kill them. in addition they get very great and are difficult to shield precise. till you opt for for to purchase an 80-a hundred gallon tank, warmth lamps, filters, and uvb lighting fixtures fixtures, do no longer save a turtle. they are not pets like fish or hamsters.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lettuce is a useless green to give reptiles...it has no nutrients. If your turtle eats leafy greens escarole, endive and collard are much better choices. So no, no turtle should eat lettuce!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A red ear slider eats pellets and goldfish, and is not a vegetarian, turtles eat meat, and tortoises being vegetarian eat lettuce and some fruits.

Source(s): I own 3 tortoises and work at "All Creatures Animanl Hospital"
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

pretty much all land turtles eat lettuce but turtles like common musk turtles like to eat goldfish

Source(s): i have a land and water turtle
  • 1 decade ago

Baby turtles need lots and lotsof protien, which they can get thru earthworms, frozen shrimps, live feeder fish

• 1 decade ago

i have an RES turtle!! =) try this site it gives you lists of foods they'll eat

http://www.redearslider.com/index.html

Source(s): me =)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes they do, because it is soft enough for them to chew, they eat any vegetables.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, not all

• 1 decade ago

he might..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.