Dose anyone know any interesting statistics or facts about Wal-mart?

I'm writing a report on Wal-mart as a monopoly, but I think I'm gonna change it to just Wal-mart cause I don't feel as though they are a real monopoly

Favorite Answer

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (branded as Walmart) is an American public corporation that runs a chain of large, discount department stores. It is the world's largest public corporation by revenue, according to the 2008 Fortune Global 500.[4] The company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962, incorporated on October 31, 1969, and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1972. Wal-Mart is the largest private employer[5] and the largest grocery retailer in the United States. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses in North America.

Walmart operates in Mexico as Walmex, in the United Kingdom as Asda, in Japan as Seiyu, and in India as Best Price. It has wholly-owned operations in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Wal-Mart's investments outside North America have had mixed results: its operations in the United Kingdom, South America and China are highly successful, while it was forced to pull out of Germany and South Korea when ventures there were unsuccessful.

Source(s): Please search in wikipedia.org you will find all the information required

US stores fell 2 per cent during its fourth quarter against last year, and warned of a “more challenging” first quarter in the US, compared with last year’s strong growth

Net US sales fell 0.5 per cent to $70.9bn, believed to be Walmart’s first US sales decline.