Transmission Fluid Flush & Pan Dilemma - Dodge Car ATF+4 .......Please Give some advice.?

My Situation: Have a 86 Dodge K Car- 3spd Automatic Transmission. Car had 60,XXX KM on the car everything original fluid never been changed but clean. (most of the cars life it sat in a garage off & on...sunday car convertible) Had the pan dropped & did a transmission flush by taking out however much fluid came... show more My Situation:

Have a 86 Dodge K Car- 3spd Automatic Transmission. Car had 60,XXX KM on the car everything original fluid never been changed but clean. (most of the cars life it sat in a garage off & on...sunday car convertible) Had the pan dropped & did a transmission flush by taking out however much fluid came out & replaced with Shell ATF+4 @ 81,000km in 2006 & also the filter was changed.

Car now has about 100,000 KM on it & the Transmission Oil Pan is leaking So I've ordered a new pan.

MY DILEMMA:

I was figuring being as the fluid that is in the car is clean & very clean.....i would just pull the old pan off, replace it with the new pan.....& replace with ATF+4 bought straight from Chrysler (black jug says mopar).

But now I'm thinking even tho the other fluid is ATF+4 maybe I should get the torque converter flushed & replace everything with the EXACT SAME BRAND fluid, even tho they are both ATF+4 i figure maybe this is a better idea.

I dunno what to think ....is there any harm in doing it the cheap/easy way of just replacing the pan & put the new fluid in mixing with the "old" 2006 Shell ATF+4.

I mean thats what had happened before when i had it done....at the time not knowing about the power flush tools they had to do the torque converter.
Update: Dodge Man the problem is tho. THE PAN IS RUSTED OUT....it's junk ...it's the original pan from 1986. Also when i had the panned dropped & fluid changed in 2006 they put in atf+4 i think so prob mixing with dex. I bought the CHRYSLER MOPAR STUFF cuz it was cheaper than getting it anywhere... show more Dodge Man the problem is tho. THE PAN IS RUSTED OUT....it's junk ...it's the original pan from 1986.

Also when i had the panned dropped & fluid changed in 2006 they put in atf+4 i think so prob mixing with dex.

I bought the CHRYSLER MOPAR STUFF cuz it was cheaper than getting it anywhere else.....believe it or not. I LOOKED AROUND.

So again back to the dilemma of DEX or ATF