Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Are science fiction novels basically books by prophets?

Update:

i mean, they don't invent...i think they pretty much 'contemporize' science for practical...imaginative living.

Update 2:

I mean, the bible is great...and science fiction novels are greater (and more contemporary =).

Update 3:

I think Yahoo! Answers is a more dynamic source of...prophecy or popular fiction writing than the Drudge Report or the Bible :P

Update 4:

The internet is a more encompassing drug than any other provided by the one single biological kingdom (weed are to plants as shrooms are to fungi; but their effects can be developed on a collective level through the animal kingdom's self aware empathic technological spree!)

i.e.

http://globalbrainpaint.com/

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Huh?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

No, it is called creative writing. Writing a science fiction novel is no more prophecy than a historical fiction novel will somehow change the past.

• 10 years ago

No. They vary too much in genre, style and intent *within* the Science Fiction category.

Space Opera is not intended to be prophetic

(E E 'Doc' Smiths Lensman series, for example)

Some "soft"* SF works are moral fables or explorations of human nature.

More philosophy than prophecy.

Others get closer to a prophetic stance.

(Harry Harrison's "Make Room, Make Room" on the future of human population?)

Some are primarily vehicles for action or humour.

Some mix and match from the above.

Science Fiction fan, from Adams and Aldiss to Wyndham and Zelazny.

*that is, unconcerned with technology or the nuts-and bolts of setting of the novel. It does not mean "easy"

"hard" SF, can be easy reading but little more than technical speculation.

• luz
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i like Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, in spite of the incontrovertible fact that a lot of people experience that Bradbury's artwork isn't technological information fiction while in fact that's. i've got confidence that Fahrenheit 451 is a reflective piece of literature, displaying us, of course how unfavorable and shallow the human race is. we are unrealistic and we create to learn new awareness, although, with such awareness comes destruction. i'm somewhat prepared on Bradbury' strategies, the assumption-approximately burning books sends chills up my backbone, that's a distasteful and corrupted movements, which fiendishly assaults the guts and soul. Ray Bradbury's e book is between the appropriate technological information fiction novels of our time, and as a lot of you already comprehend, the e book began as a short tale titled, The Pedestrian. the fast tale grew over the years and grew to become a surprising, classic artwork.

• 10 years ago

Not prophets "of Jehovah"... in the bible, those prophets were just messengers who relayed a message from God to the people.......

But, yes, prophets indeed, in their visions of the future!

How I LOVE to read-sci-fi! It is my favorite genre. And to see the things thought of long ago, coming into existance today! I love it!

I can't wait until we just say "Computer- bring up Yahoo Answers"....LOL It's coming!

And holographic TV! Yes, we will eventually have it.

Step up to the kiosk- put your hand under the reader- Hello Jackie- you have 130 federal credits in your account.. have a good day.... oh yes that is all coming and nearer than we think!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Jules Verne invented the Rapture

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

no,

science fiction novels tend to be coherent unlike the bible.

however, they have as much validity as the bible, so do comic books. anything that can be verified as true in the bible, also can be verified as true in science fiction books or comic books or other fiction. Ie: historical people, pop culture trends and icons and places.

• 10 years ago

The quote unquote "prophets" did write fiction stories. I wouldn't call them science fiction, because they are no where near science level.

Source(s): The Bible
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Naw. The Bible is a book written by Prophets!

• C Y
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Science fiction written by novelists with scientific minds, silly.

• 10 years ago

Not unless they're taken as gospel!

Goshdarn Scientologists.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.