Is Temple University a dangerous school?

Hello! I am 18 years old, and currently a student of Upper Darby High School. Next year I plan on going to Temple University to become a history teacher. Recently, people have been telling me how dangerous Temple is, but I doubt most of these people have even BEEN there. I have been on several tours of the... show more Hello! I am 18 years old, and currently a student of Upper Darby High School. Next year I plan on going to Temple University to become a history teacher. Recently, people have been telling me how dangerous Temple is, but I doubt most of these people have even BEEN there. I have been on several tours of the school and have a few friends who go there, who all assure me it's perfectly safe. Being a student at Upper Darby, which doesn't have a good reputation around here, though I can't see why, I understand what it's like for a school to be misunderstood by closed minded people. When I was on Temple's campus I felt absolutely safe, considering the massive force of police officers on campus, stadium lighting, surveillance cameras, and emergency call buttons. In fact I wasn't concerned about my safety there at all, until randomly this evening. I live in what is considered a rough neighborhood, and have been into the city countless times throughout my life, but not usually North Philly. Could someone tell me what they think of the safety at Temple University please, and possibly provide crime statistics? Thank you very much!
4 answers 4