Why would someone put flowers in the sink?

Someone in my office building cuts off a baby rose at it the end of its head and puts it in the sink. It's intentional. There is always a white, almost pink, rose head in our sinks at work. I take them out and throw them away because it was grossing me out for a while, but now I know that it isn't by accident that they're there. They're being put there by someone on the floor. Is this a tradition of some sort? Does anyone know why it would be there??

Favorite Answer

The simplest reason of all--to keep it fresh until later.

Why are you so judgemental? What right do you have to throw away something which is not yours?

What in the world could "gross you out" about a rose-bud?

If, as already suggested, someone has left it as a token of esteem for another (even you), what is the harm? If you are not telling us all, could you be jealous?

I would suggest you purchase a small, inexpensive specimen vase, or at worst, bring a small glass or jar to work, and put the next one in it in water. This way you can make up for your nastiness to a fellow worker, whoever that may be.

OCD?? Maybe it could be just a tradition or a weird ritual or maybe someone is trying to romance someone else

Drain the water.