Is Shannon (Maggie Grace) coming back for the final season of LOST?

She was my favorite character, and I was so sad to see her go in season 2. :(

I hope she does... don't worry, somehow the creators of Lost always manage to find a way to bring back the characters. In the 2007-life of Lost now, or wha some may refer to as the "alternate universe" I don't remember seeing Shannon on the plane... but there were lots of differences on the plane than way back in Season 1-such as Desmond being present, Jack getting two bottles of alcohol,spilling one, Charlie swollowing the cocaine (which leads to so many other questions- like was he trying to commit suicide), and Hurley being lucky... sorry I could go on forever with my Lost theories but it just isn't worth it- we'll all know soon enough!

I would look on Wikipedia or IMDB to see if the actress has already gotten credit for it! Then you'll know :)

EDIT: we'll apparently the smarty above me already knows.

Hi, nope she isn't returning. She couldn't be part of season 6 because of filming conflicts, so the LOST writers had to use a different storyline.

They wanted her to be on the plane with Boone, but she was too busy doing movies, but was open to working something out later. And I heard that the writers said that her not being there will be significant somehow, so we could see her again sometime I guess.

Yes, she will be back this season of LOST according to writer/producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

I don't think so bc she wasn't on the plane with Boone when it landed at LAX....she stayed in Australia. I haven't read anything about her coming back but I would love to see her come back and reunite with Sayid!

she's dead isn't she?? I'm sure Shannon and Boon died ?? :P