Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Are the best war movies anti-war movies?

I love Kelly's Heroes

Favorite Answer

I suppose most war movies give us an incentive to not want to go to war again.

. Patton was a great war movie. So was Stalag 17, Private Ryan, and a few others.

Yes, there are some great non-war war movies. --

Catch 22

Mash

Kelly's Heroes -- my favorite

"All is quiet on the Western Front" - is an anti-war war movie.

Two of my favorites are Fail Safe and WarGames. Both are cautionary tales about the risk of starting a nuclear war without even meaning to. They're basically anti-war, or at least anti-nuclear war, but very action-packed and suspenseful.

• ?

I enjoyed Valley of Elah. It replaced right into a homicide secret and not anti conflict. Charlie Wilsons conflict replaced into approximately investment the Taliban in Afghanistan in the process the Reagan years and replaced into no longer undesirable. i'm undecided what they had to do with liberals nonetheless. Why does it continuously ought to be liberals against conservatives? In my adventure maximum people i understand are center of the line and %. and choose themes from the two components to style their comments. I frequently vote for the Democrat and yet i'm a veteran and that i very own weapons and that i hunt and fish. Does that make me a liberal? As you are able to locate from our modern-day election technique is that in the event that they simply shop conversing relating to the nice and cozy button themes they do no longer ought to talk approximately how they are going to restoration the country.

Das Boot was the best war movie.

Yes and no ... there are many great war and anti war movies ...

Source(s): Good answer above me there :D