Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
How many standard time zones are there in the U.S.? (PLEASE MAKE SURE OF YOUR ANSWER)?
- MorningfoxLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
According to U.S. Code Title 15, Chapter 6, Subchapter IX, section 261, there are nine standard time zones. (Six if you include only the 50 states).
* Eastern standard time zone: (EST; UTC-5; Zone R)
* Central standard time zone: (CST; UTC-6; Zone S)
* Mountain standard time zone: (MST; UTC-7; Zone T)
* Pacific standard time zone: (PST; UTC-8; Zone U)
* Alaska standard time zone: (AKST; UTC-9; Zone V)
* Hawaii-Aleutian standard time zone: (or unofficially Hawaii Standard Time: HST) (HAST; UTC-10; zone W)
* Atlantic standard time zone: (AST; UTC-4; Zone Q) for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Samoa standard time zone (SST; UTC-11; Zone X) for American Samoa.
* Chamorro standard time zone: (ChST; UTC+10; Zone K) for Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.
And yes, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Somoa, Guam and Northern Mariana Islands are all part of the U.S. See section 267 of the law.Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_the_United_St... http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/ch6schIX.htm... http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/usc_sec_15_0...
- Anonymous1 decade ago
eastern, central, mountain, pacific, Alaska, Hawaii