What is your opinion on downsizing or removing some of the college courses in the Philippines?

In my opinion some of the courses in college are already obsolete in this time and age. For instance let us take the commerce department as an example. What courses are included in the commerce department: marketing, management, economics, banking & finance and accountancy. Why not remove banking & finance, not all... show more In my opinion some of the courses in college are already obsolete in this time and age. For instance let us take the commerce department as an example. What courses are included in the commerce department: marketing, management, economics, banking & finance and accountancy. Why not remove banking & finance, not all graduates of this course will land presumably in a bank. Some will have their own business and run it. So what is the use of finishing banking & finance for? Why not combine the 3 marketing/management and economics in one course. Because all of them are inter-related anyway. And call it another name like MANAMICS. My point is simply, not all college graduates can find a job now a days. So they simply take the first job offer they can find whether this fit to the course they finish or not. In the medical field category everybody wants to be a nurse because they believe someday they will go out of the Philippines and earn a decent living salary not like in the Philippines, the take home pay cannot even take you home. We should be producing more technical people like electronics tech./automotive mechanics/instrument tech. etc. the vocational courses because these are the jobs most likely to out last other jobs. We are producing college graduates like pizza pie and when they entered the real world they cannot be employ because some of their finish courses are not readily available. They are out of course or out of range so to speak. So what do you think?
7 answers 7