Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Should I be relieved or hurt?

I added a guy on Facebook who was an old school acquaintance...he declined my friend request. I was kind of surprised! We had 5 friends in common....He and I didn't pal around at all in school but I had a wild crush on him back then. What gives, do you think?? All I can think of is that he didn't remember me...or maybe he got fat and didn't want me to look at him...(His profile pic looks like he gained some weight!)

Update:

When he remembers me I was a shy. fat lil tomboy...nothing to look at. Since then, I have matured into a very attractive woman. (Not trying to be vain here but its what I've been told)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Be relieved because rejection is part of life. It is normal that not all the people we love loves us back.

• 1 decade ago

I'd say neither. If you guys were just acquaintances that's not REAL uncommon for him to do that....but that reason that you gave (him being fat) might be a reason why...who knows :P

I also agree with what Gee said below.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe he doesn't enjoy reminiscing about old school days? I wouldn't take it personally. School was somewhat of a lonely experience for me so I have only added a few close friends.

• 1 decade ago

MOVE ON...He doesn't sound worth the aggrevation.......With all the garbage and Spam...on the Internet. he probably has no idea who you are.....Of all the 5 friends you had in common, did you contact any of the others?????? OR did you just try to contact him.....You really need to look at your motives

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Definitely hurt....sorry

• 1 decade ago

umm he probly didnt remember you, dont worry about it try talking to him at school or some thin

answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201002...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.