Aziz
Aziz asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 years ago

Do you hate when morons call your phone as "Unknown!"? I never answer any call from unknown number!?

Who's being rude here, me not answering it or the one calling me hiding behind a mask?

Well but I don't know why people who call thru private or unknown status never call back! I mean NEVER! Other people call me or leave a message! You know come on!

Best Answer

You are absolutely right. They are being rude. Its like someone hiding their face with their hand when meeting you in person. That is rude. Here in Australia, Telemarketers hide their numbers. I once confronted the caller and bashed him in and out, telling him never to call with a hidden number.

Source(s): Hidden callers who dont have the guts or the courtesy to let you know where they are calling from.

Not all people with blocked numbers are a moron.

You are the rude one, here for calling people morons.

For example, I have a friend who is a doctor, and often uses her personal cell phone to call patients to talk about test results or other issues. She has her number blocked, because she doesn't want any and all patients to have access to her personal cell phone. So, when she calls, it comes up as "unknown"

So, maybe you should take a lesson on etiquette, and patience, and not be so rude. And it is your prerogative to answer your phone, or not. But assuming the caller is a moron is your social faux pas.

Well, I think you're being rude for calling them morons when they might not be able to choose the status of the number from which they are calling. Since a lot of these numbers are telemarketers, when I see a number I don't recognize, I usually let voicemail pick it up, then return the call if it is from someone I know or do business with.

I don't think it's always rude. There may be a reason; if someone is calling from a work phone, or a public pay phone, then it will usually show as unknown number.

I think you're the one being rude. They may have a damn good reason for choosing not to display their number. What I don't understand is why people have such a problem with it. What difference does it make whether a person displays their number or not?

My daughter borrows my cell phone and makes about 4 calls and blocks my number when she calls out so that people won't be calling me back.

I agree with the answers above and ask you "Where's your patience today?"

I agree with you 100% man. I never answer em

Sometimes maybe someone is trying to spy on you or something! There is a reason why that person does not want you to know about them! I think it's safer not to answer at all!