Rose asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 1 decade ago

What year is it in nepal?

My mom had some kid come in for her Work, She works with Financial Aid. (Not too sure how to spell it). And a Boy came in and filled the papers out, It said he graduated in 2055. I've herd that its a different year in Nepal. But I'm not too sure.

He must've been just messing with my Mom if he was serious about the 2055 thing. Or hes just from the future.

Favorite Answer

Nepal has 3 calendars.

The first, is the standard Gregorian calendar, in which it is 2010.

The second is the Nepal Sambat calendar, which started at year one when a prominent Nepali citizen cancelled all debts owed to him, essentially liberating half Nepal's people. By this calendar it is the year 1130.

The third is the Bikram Sambat calendar, which makes this year 2066 (until April 14, 2010). This is apparently the one the boy used for his papers. Your boy probably graduated in our 1999.

I have been to Nepal 5 times already (cos I used to be a tour leader specializing in Nepal and India). If u are just going for sightseeing, maybe just a little bit of leisure trekking, then I would advise that the best time to visit is between October to November as this is the best time to view the beautiful sceneries of the country. Although it can be quite cold and chilly during the evening/night, but it is still better than going to that country and not seeing any of the beautiful mountains like the fishtail mountain and the whole range of Himalayas. Just bring enough heat-packs, thermal clothings and a windbreaker and u should be comfortable. During clear days, the mountains have different views during different time of the day. At sunrise and sunset, the Himalayas is orange in colour... Simply spectacular! If u visit during a time (during the monsoon season) when the sky is not clear, u will not be able to capture any beautiful scenic views at all. The monsoon season starts about mid July till maybe late september, lots of rain and it will be cloudy. There was once when i was there in July, the monsoon washed out most of the highways and road. So the last time, in order for us to travel to Pokhara (one of the tourist attraction where its best to see the fishtail mountain and Himalayas), we had to take the domestic flights which are mostly forker planes. Moreover, the runway is pebble ground... so can u imagine the landing?? Best of all in Pokhara during clear and cool days, u can either rent bicycles and cycle along the river or go on a boating trip to enjoy the reflection of the mountains on the water. Its beautiful, trust me. Have an enjoyable trip... Cheers!!!

• Steve

Not a chance on our calendar (Gregorian calendar).

Nepal is about 10 or so hours ahead of people living in america or canada but it is the same year all around the world except on new years day.

But they use four different calendar's so on one of their calendar it could be the year 2055 when he graduated.

2055, the two fives must equal 10 (5+5) so maybe it's just 2010, so yeah it's a typo

• linton

Nepali Calendar 2066

The boy must be one of those rumored time travelers. The Nepal he lived in is most likely destroyed and he came back seeking to prevent it's doom.

It is 2010, and The Year of the Tiger.

•  

Omg, he's from the future! Or it's a typo. But in all seriousness, it should be 2010.

Source(s): Ex nepali girlfriend

yes right now it would be year 2067 and in 13 days itll be 2068