Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

Didn't the blazers make the DUMBEST move ever?

trading STeve Blake and up and coming travis outlaw for 35 year old Marcus camby.

\

Isn't being sent to the clippers considered punishment.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the clippers made the deal to stop the lakers from making a deal (i think). they gave up a good big man. for smaller players who they don't need i mean they have two point guards. Telfair and Davis. Outlaw is not a power forward and with griffen out it doesn't make a lot of since.

The blazers did it because Camby's contract is up at the end of this season. Camby is oden's replacement till then. so they need a big man and they got one i think it was a good move for them cause they get a postion they needed and his contract which is very big is up after this season.

the reason i said the clippers stopped the lakers trade was because it was rumored that the lakers blazers and bulls were gonna make a trade. which would send tyrus thomas and sasha vujacic to the blazers. Travis Outlaw, Steve blake, Juwan Howard and Adam Morrison to the bulls. Kirk Hinrich to the lakers. which would have worked out well for all the teams but in the Camby trade Camby is a better player then Tyrus thomas and Camby is a center which answer the blazers biggest problem so i like this trade for the blazers not for the clippers. but i wish the other trade would have happened.

• 10 years ago

Why can no one see this move favours Portland far more than the Clips?

What is so amazing about Outlaw and Steve Blake??? Outlaw has career stats of 10ppg and 3.5 rebounds...that's hardly amazing. And his foot injury might see him never be the same player again.

And Steve Blake cannot, I repeat cannot, play any D...that and the Blazers already have Miller and Bayless at PG, so why do they need him?

Look, Kevin Pritchard has built a fantastic team in Portland and is easily one of the best GMs in the NBA. I'm sure he knows what he's doing, and wouldn't make a dumb trade...ever.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Camby is an all-time great at defense/shot-blocking and they traded him for two sub-par players. I think Portland got the good end of the deal. The Clippers got screwed over IMO.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Are you kidding?

They filled a NEED at center.

I think it is good for the Blazers because they needed another center to fill the void left behind by Pryzbilla and Oden. Camby is a rebounding shot blocking machine and since blocks were a stat is 1 of only 4 players to average 10+rebounds and 2.5+ blocks for his career. He will help a team that is already a good defensive team and they should finish with a top 6 record in the west especially when Roy comes back. Next year with Oden, Pryzbilla, and Camby, they will be tough.

They are even more dangerous next year when their lineup will look like...

C: Oden/ Pryzbilla

PF: Aldridge/ Camby

SF: Webster/ Batum

SG: Roy/ Fernandez

PG: Miller/ Bayless (he now has room to develop thanks to the move.

They are in good shape. They will be dangerous defensively with everyone there. They are already a team that only gives up 95 points a game and Camby helps with that.

Source(s): "If you get targeted for your opinions, stay strong, and keep fighting. No matter what, if you believe something, and 99% of the world doesn't, say it anyway, because its better to be hated for being the real deal, than loved for being fake." - Jamaican Man
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

The Blazers feel like they can win a championship now. With Oden and Pryzbilla out for the rest or at least most of the season they need someone who can bang and bulk up their front line.

• Hiero
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

It's not that bad, but I don't really like it. Camby's just gettin too old and Outlaw is underrated.

But it helps them right now...

• 10 years ago

the bad trade was actually on the side of the Clips, this trade did absolutely nothing, their greedy owner just did it for 1.5 million dollars

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Blazers are good now

• DZ
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

wow... IKD what kind of trade that is..

Camby is not worth that to me..it makes no sense

• 10 years ago

Don't know yet, will have to see what the season will bring.!!

:-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.