Can someone explain the ending to Keith?

I just saw it with my girlfriend who insists on it being one of the greatest indie comedies of all time but I still still have some questions or some things that I'm not too clear on. What I think I know: - Keith Dies, as eviddence by Natalie's working on and driving the truck, not to mention her time... show more I just saw it with my girlfriend who insists on it being one of the greatest indie comedies of all time but I still still have some questions or some things that I'm not too clear on.

What I think I know:
- Keith Dies, as eviddence by Natalie's working on and driving the truck, not to mention her time spent with Keith's father.
- She doesn't go to Duke, evident by the last scene where she's at a cross roads and drives though it, she should be going to Duke
- She is still friends with the girl from the newspaper, when they share a hug at graduation

Anything else I missed would be good.