Would you recognize the messiah by your eyes, your heart, your mind or... ?

would you, could you?

Best Answer

For me it is how did I recognize Him? It has been long enough now that I could not tell you whether it was a few hours, days or closer to a year. I think it was probably a few weeks after I started studying it in earnest that my heat was attracted to Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith. Still, it was a decade and a half before I fully embraced it. My very sceptical and cynical mind was what kept telling me to be cautious but in time even it was won over. Baha'u'llah claimed to be the Messiah and the return of Christ, and for me there is no longer any doubt. Jesus said in John 10:16 that He had followers that were not of the Christian fold. And He said that He would eventually bring them all together as one fold. Christians say that when Jesus comes in the air at the Rapture they will know Him. But Jesus said in Revelation He would have a new name when He returns, and would give a new name to His followers. If He were to return in the clouds or even in same body, why would He have a new name? Referring to John again, Jesus did not say they will see me and recognize me, He said, "They will hear My voice." I think in a sense our hearts have ears. It was by those ears that my heart heard the call, and then by the ones near my mind that I tested and proved.

I have an open question asking a closely related question:

Christians, would you have recognized Jesus as being the Son of God had you been living in His time?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao9AW...

I would suggest that the Christians that today do not recognize Baha'u'llah would not have recognized the reality of Jesus, no matter how much they might protest.

It has no personality and yet somehow animates all personality in order to know itself. It cannot be recognized by looking with the holy eyes of personality into the best efforts of personality. Only the messiah can recognize the messiah. It is what you are, always have been and always will be. Just fall backwards off the cliff of religion and...there you are...all gone except the consciousness that knows!

In the same way, one who believes in God may not know God.

It is the power of Messiah's 'eyes, heart, mind that pierce us through, we only have to sense it and go along. Lord always makes it easy for us, it is only we who make it complicated!

• The only way to recognize God is with my heart.

I believe mind can be prejudiced. Eyes can deceive you. Heart turns mushy quite easily!

Messiah can be recognised instinctively! From there on...faith takes over...

The requirements for the Messiah are detailed in the Tanakh, so I suppose I would recognise him by seeing if he fulfils those requirements.

I know most people wouldn't know Jesus if they stumbled over him in the shopping mall. We've been fed so much bull about him, that he would be no more recognizable now than he was when he walked the earth once before. Would I know him? I'm not sure. I 'd like to think I would, but then I tend to be a bit more honest than most.

• Sara

Five minutes in the presence of a Spiritual Master and you know who he is.

"For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes." Matthew 24:27

you'll know when jesus comes. everyone will behold him and confess that he is lord

By intuition and the Father's confirmation from within.

http://jahtruth.net/emmau2.htm