Is Dirk Nowitzki overrated?

you can disagree if you want. i think he's overrated because his size and skill set just don't match up. why the hell do you want your 7 foot PF to be almost strictly a shooter? it doesn't make sense. you want your big 7 foot dude to go inside and kill it in the paint, and play great d. dirk doesn't... show more you can disagree if you want. i think he's overrated because his size and skill set just don't match up. why the hell do you want your 7 foot PF to be almost strictly a shooter? it doesn't make sense. you want your big 7 foot dude to go inside and kill it in the paint, and play great d. dirk doesn't do that. you want your guards to shoot and stay outside, not your big men. lets flip it and say you have a 6'3" 2 guard that doesn't ever shoot, and always scores in the post. how useful is that? he'd be lucky to ride the bench. what i'm saying is that dirk cannot be you're number 1. he has to be a complimentary player because he doesn't pound it inside and bring defensive toughness, what you want your bigs, or your number 1 guy to do.
20 answers 20