Is Milk or Orange Juice better for breakfast?

When you wake up and eat breakfast (if you eat breakfast), should you drink milk or orange juice, or plain water? Milk of course promotes strong bones and Vitamin D, but OJ helps your immune system among other things and water is just plain good for you. Which is better?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First, I would say drink a little bit of both for both the benefits. For example, you can drink half a glass of OJ with your breakfast and drink half a glass of milk after breakfast. Or, you can alternate them throughout the week. For example, you can drink milk with your breakfast Monday morning, and then on Tuesday you can drink a glass of OJ with your breakfast, then drink milk again the next day and keep alternating.

Water is good, of course, but it doesn't have the Vitamin D or C like milk and orange juice do. However, water is good for flushing your system and moving nutrients throughout your body. I would recommend drinking water throughout the day rather than at breakfast. Besides, milk and orange juice do contain plenty of water. Drinking them in the morning makes up for some of the water you should be drinking.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Orange juice

• 1 decade ago

Well it's generally not as simple as "which one is better", and it's much easier to give good advice if we know the rest of your diet. If you asked one person what to have for breakfast, another what to have for lunch, and another what to have dinner, they could all give really good suggestions but you may still end up with an unbalanced diet.

I'd say (skim) milk though. I say skim because dairy is not the best source for fat. Protein and the other micronutrients in milk are great, and OJ doesn't really give you a lot. You're much better off eating a whole orange, since with OJ you're missing out on a lot of the actual fruit.

• 1 decade ago

If you had to choose one....Milk. Milk has more of the things you need, including protein. OJ has Vitamin C, but you can get that from a pill of any combo of veges and other fruits throughout the day. Go with Skim Milk: all the protein and D with non of the fat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's not very often I have just a glass of milk at breakfast. I mostly pour it into my bowl of cereal and go with a glass of orange juice [or any other fruit juice].

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would say orange juice:]

if your worried about calcium, take a vitamin.

milk is very fatty. even the fat free kind is basically just watered down regular milk.

orange juice is better tasting, too! and you get fruit servings out of it:)

• 1 decade ago

i'd say just some plain water. people get addicted to milk and its not good. orange juice is okay but lots of sugar. hell everything is bad for you to drink or eat. lol

• 1 decade ago

You should have both milk and orange juice.

• 1 decade ago

well for years i ate milk but then again when one useslots of salt that goes by way side. i know this for fact. so ornage juice is best i would say forthat period.

• 1 decade ago

OJ-- You get vitamen C that way

~

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.