Getting into the University of Michigan?

I have a few questions about U MICH Ann Arbor

1- Is it a lot tougher to get in from out of state?

2- My GOAL is to get a 3.75 W GPA, above a 30 on the ACT and take 6-7 APs with 5-6 honors from a pretty good prep school. I have been doing well in school, but Spanish is my major struggle keeping my GPA down, but I have been improving year to year. I have clubs and sports and community service- Will this all make me competitive at U MICH?

And in general

3- Do colleges count religion as a course (non religious colleges mostly?) or at least look at it

4- Will colleges count economics as a history class? (my HS does)

Thanks, and don't feel like you have to answer all of them

most of those APs will be JR and Sr year

Favorite Answer

Although you do have the Grade Point Average and the grades to get into the Unviersity of Michigan Ann Arbor, you need to keep in mind that paying the out of state rate for the University of Michigan is quite costly. An out of state student will pay over $35,000 in tuition and fees, room and board and textbooks.

1- i'm not sure

2- 3.75 weighted isn't that great - this will hurt you.

3- depends on the college - some will

4- No - econ will be counted as an Econ class - 2 seperate types of classes.

Source(s): . UM Grad '92