Foods to avoid after gallbladder surgery?

I had my gallbladder removed on January 11. While I took it easy on what I ate the first couple days, I slowly started eating regular foods and then just went to eating and drinking what I wanted, without any problems. Then on saturday, I ate a grilled steak, with a baked potato and salad, and yes even dessert. ... show more I had my gallbladder removed on January 11. While I took it easy on what I ate the first couple days, I slowly started eating regular foods and then just went to eating and drinking what I wanted, without any problems. Then on saturday, I ate a grilled steak, with a baked potato and salad, and yes even dessert. But, before the night was over, I was vomiting and had a little diarrhea, and it continued into the next day. I'm not sure what exaclty caused me to get sick....my oldest sister has the same problems with eating certain foods...she says she has problems with foods cooked on charcoal grills. Was it too soon for me to try that or was it the salad? I get two different things told to me....like tomatoes, one site says avoid them and another says they are ok. Some say avoid grapes and citrus fruits, while others say they are ok. I think I'll just go back to eating the instant mashed potatoes with nothing in them, you know the bland foods, lol. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
10 answers 10