How to fix my itouch ?

recently i had been downloading a youtube file thru an application i downloaded on my itouch ... i did tht fr the first tym ...but thn it went snap nd thn the only thing on screen was connect to itunes .no matter wt i did , the screen did not change ... i din have itunes downloaded on my comp....so i downloaded... show more recently i had been downloading a youtube file thru an application i downloaded on my itouch ...
i did tht fr the first tym ...but thn it went snap nd thn the only thing on screen was connect to itunes .no matter wt i did , the screen did not change ... i din have itunes downloaded on my comp....so i downloaded it nd connected my itouch to the comp .... the itunes said it cant connect to my itouch as it has a password ....it says unlock the itouch but there is nothin on screen but connect to itunes .... what should i do to bring my itouch back to life ?