If a man that has faith, but does not keep Gods commandments, is he truly saved?

Need scriptures

Favorite Answer

A man may say he has faith, but that is not what God calls faith.

To speak of faith without faithfulness is a complete contradiction.

In the great faith chapter, Hebrews Chapter 11, the author describes person after person who had faith; and it always results in action.

By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice

By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family

By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went

By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice.

By faith Moses' parents hid him for three months after he was born

By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.

By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.

as someone once put it, faith is an action word.

James wrote "Faith without works is dead" - no point having faith if you don't live by it.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 shows that all we do is useless if we don't have love, it mentions that you can have faith to move a mountain but without love it means nothing. God commands us to love one another.

To be truly saved means to be humble and accept that God has the right to decide what is good and bad and which commands we have to keep - at the end of the day if you don't keep God's commands this means that you doubt his guidance, which means you essentially doubt your faith.

Yes he can be truly saved but he is operating through the spirit of disobedience.

The word of God say's "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind".

It also says "You cant have God in one hand & the devil in the other". So maybe this person has some old habits that he needs to get rid of.

For Ex: Your Mother who lives in Australia died , the Lord told you that you can NOT attend the funeral but you did anyway. Yes your truly saved but you made your flesh control you and with this you have to go to the lord in repentance and confession asking him to forgive you of your sin. If God see's that you truly mean it then your forgiven but if you do the same thing again its` intentional. And surely god WILL punish you for your transgression.

The question is what does he have faith in...because God's ten commandments, if that is what you are refferring to were set up so man could see a standard for sin....that there was no way he could measure up to God's standard.

God's plan was to send His Son, Jesus to die in our place because we could not meet His standard...which is holy and without sin....but Jesus could! Then God looks at His Son...and if we are willing to say "I want Jesus to be My Savior, for My Sin"...God looks at His Son, and not our sin which has been forgiven...and then forgotten. It is God's amazing grace...His favor that we didn't deserve, but He gave freely to anyone who "chooses" to believe in His Son. Read John 3:16. God's amazing plan.

A person is truly saved when He confesses His sin (Romans 3:23), and asks Jesus to be His personal Savior (Romans 6:23), and Jesus then comes into His life and we are saved for all eternity....and "no one can take us out of His hand.". John 14:6...Jesus is the only Way, the Truth, and the Life". And no one can keep all the commandments, but we try to do what He tells us to do in the whole Bible...as we learn them...and we ask for forgiveness when we need to. He always is willing to forgive them. It is a relationship...not a religion.

A person who have faith, is a person who are in line with the bible, therefore he with out knowing he observe the Lord commandments, cause he knows very well that if he live a sinful life he knows that he is not keeping to those commandments, therefore he will feel guilty ,and in the end he decide to change his life. and goes for confession to a priest . and from then on he will get our lord blessing cause he his forgiven and living a decent life.

Hypocrisy that is!

It's like going to the church and look for sexy women or praying to win in gambling.

Live with your faith. When your faith says that "you should not commit adultery" then you should not do it.

What can save you are you your deeds, in connetion with your faith. Even if your faith is wrong and you do not know that it was wrong or you are innocent about it but you are following it withour reservation, that is accounted as good faith.

If you are innocent you will not be judge the same as those who are knowledgeable about the crime or sins that you have committed.

Absolutely ! The Law never saved anyone - but Jesus has ! Paul calls the Law a curse in Galatians chapter 3, verse 10 . Paul says we are saved by faith apart from the Law: Galatians Chapter 3, verse 25.

God shows us grace because we have faith. Because of this, there is no sin that we can commit today that will not be forgiven - not to say that we shouldnt try to keep all the commandments. But, because we are human, we are living under grace - not the law anymore.

So yes, even if we sin, because we sin - if we admit that sin freely and honestly - and ask for forgiveness with faith - we are saved.

Source(s): My Lord, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love Thee. Amen.

This is common practice. Christians made up that saying "Do as I say, not as I do"...and they are really really good at it.

You can think that, but Hebrews 10 proves otherwise. If you KNOWINGLY sin after you are saved, you go to the pit of fire!! MEEWHEW HA HA!!!

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. " Heb 10:26-27

They go together:

14 as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so must the Son of man be lifted up 15 so that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him. 16 For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. 17 For God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but so that through him the world might be saved. 18 No one who believes in him will be judged; but whoever does not believe is judged already, because that person does not believe in the Name of God's only Son. 19 And the judgement is this: though the light has come into the world people have preferred darkness to the light because their deeds were evil. 20 And indeed, everybody who does wrong hates the light and avoids it, to prevent his actions from being shown up; 21 but whoever does the truth comes out into the light, so that what he is doing may plainly appear as done in God.' (John 3:14-21)

If you love me you will keep my commandments. 16 I shall ask the Father, and he will give you another Paraclete to be with you for ever, 17 the Spirit of truth whom the world can never accept since it neither sees nor knows him; but you know him, because he is with you, he is in you. 18 I shall not leave you orphans; I shall come to you. 19 In a short time the world will no longer see me; but you will see that I live and you also will live. 20 On that day you will know that I am in my Father and you in me and I in you. 21 Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him.' (John 14:15-21)

9 that if you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and if you believe with your heart that God raised him from the dead, then you will be saved. 10 It is by believing with the heart that you are justified, and by making the declaration with your lips that you are saved. 11 When scripture says: No one who relies on this will be brought to disgrace, 12 it makes no distinction between Jew and Greek: the same Lord is the Lord of all, and his generosity is offered to all who appeal to him, 13 for all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. 14 How then are they to call on him if they have not come to believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard of him? And how will they hear of him unless there is a preacher for them? 15 And how will there be preachers if they are not sent? As scripture says: How beautiful are the feet of the messenger of good news. 16 But in fact they have not all responded to the good news. As Isaiah says: Lord, who has given credence to what they have heard from us? 17 But it is in that way faith comes, from hearing, and that means hearing the word of Christ. (Romans 10:9-17)