The interest group National Rifle Association,?

1.What groups and commitiees would this group to convince/persaude its policy interest too?

2. What are two resources that the group has and how does it use the resources to influence policy making?

• chris
    Favorite Answer

Another homework question eh? your supposed to do your own home work.

Any way to help you out, The NRA's primary resources are it's membership and their contributions, both time and money.

Their primary focus is to teach and support the 2nd amendment of the constitution through hunter and gun owner education to their members and general public and secondly to lobby government at all levels to support the 2nd amendment and the shooting and hunting sports. here is their web site

http://www.nra.org/home.aspx

Source(s): been there done that

Question 1: The NRA would contact members of Congress and state governors to protect and defend firearms policy and Constitutional rights.

Question 2: Two resources would be the lobbyists they would use in Washington DC and at state capitols. These lobbyists would meet with lawmakers to secure their support when voting about any firearms issues. The second resource would be the membership of the NRA. The NRA collects dues from members to pay for expenses incurred while lobbying for firearms rights.

Source(s): Just my opinion.
  • jizmax

First off, you need to learn proper grammar and sentence usage. As to the first question, what "groups" would be the state and federal Representatives and Senators, as well as state Governors, police chiefs, local gun and shooting organizations. Policy interests? Do you have any Idea what the NRA is or does? You sound like you are not from around here. Now, as to question 2, membership provides virtually all of the funding "resources" and it uses these funds to help raise awareness of second amendment issues, such as concealed carry laws, enforcement of existing laws, gun safety classes, marksmanship training/matches, lobbying in Washington and in the states, filing lawsuits against unconstitutional gun laws, ect.

Everything I told you here and much more can be found at

http://home.nra.org/#/home

Source(s): NRA Life Member 20 years shooting/hunting 16 years CCW license holder Navy Veteran VFW Life Member
  • Erica

The goals of the NRA are to protect the rights of Americans from zealots who try to infringe on our second amendment rights. What type? I don’t understand your question. The NRA has lawyers in DC and does a myriad of other things to promote second amendment right and gun safety. Resources? Plenty By being a member you are helping guard our second amendment rights. You also receive discounts at many retailers by being a member. For example, when I quit smoking, I received a 10-15% off my Chantix subscription (smoking cessation products aren’t covered by my health insurance); it ended up saving me like 40 bucks which is more than one year’s membership fees.

Counselor...would you please rephrase question number one. I just don't understand it in its present wording.

As for question number two. Two resources that it has would be money...which allows them to pay for professional lobbyists on Capitol Hill. And the second would be a large membership...which allows them to rally their proverbial "troops" to write letters to Congressmen and women, make phone calls and influence public opinion in their favor.