Should Kennedy V. Louisiana be overturned?

A man (Patrick O'kennedy) raped his 9 Year old step daughter so severely that she had to be hospitalized and undergo surgery. The State of Louisiana then sentenced this man to death, by lethal injection. In June 2008, The Supreme court of the United states violated the 10th amendment by ruling this "cruel... show more A man (Patrick O'kennedy) raped his 9 Year old step daughter so severely that she had to be hospitalized and undergo surgery. The State of Louisiana then sentenced this man to death, by lethal injection. In June 2008, The Supreme court of the United states violated the 10th amendment by ruling this "cruel and unusual". Even our dear leader, President Obama disagreed with this decision, and John Mccain certainly did, calling it
"an assault on law enforcement’s efforts to punish these heinous felons for the most despicable crime. That there is a judge anywhere in America who does not believe that the rape of a child represents the most heinous of crimes, which is deserving of the most serious of punishments, is profoundly disturbing"
I think this case must be overturned, the state of louisiana should have him the same mercy he showed his victim.
Anyone who thinks that killing this scum is "sinking to his level" has problems, he hurt the innocent, we are hurting the guilty. There is no comparison
Update: I think you will find that many, many, people consider an attack on a child a worse crime than murder.
Update 2: Pluto, you're right! I don't give a damn if they can be "rehabilitated" an eye for an eye
Update 3: Duke : If the death penalty is the easy way out, why do 95% of those sentenced to die fight tooth and nail to get out of it? Why did this man fight to not be killed if death is "an easy way out"?
Update 4: strat, the surpreme court considered it cruel punishment becausew the victims life was not taken. No matter how heinous the crime was, if the victim survives, the criminal can no longer be executed
12 answers 12