Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Lifetime Tv movie about a woman trying to find an old man's siblings in Ireland?

I remember this movie from a few years back so it's kind of fuzzy.

All I remember for sure is that there was a woman who was married and I think had a son, and she went somewhere (I think in Ireland) to look through records to help this old man find his brothers and sisters. The man recalls that his mother died when he was young and (I think) he had to take care of his brothers and sisters. And I remember a scene where the old man is standing by the ocean and I think he's remember his past or something. In the end, the brothers and sisters are reunited, and the old man visits his mother's grave...

There was alot of bagpipe music in the movie.

I loved this movie and I would really like to know the name so I might find it online or on dvd.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It sounds a lot like this film:

Yesterday's Children (2000 TV movie)

IMDb review:

Based on a true story: Living in the United States with her loving husband (Clancy Brown) and her teenage son (Kyle Howard), Jenny Cole (Jane Seymour) was pregnant with her second child. At the same time, she started having vivid, recurring dreams about a poor, big family living in Ireland about half a century ago. Jenny's memories became more and more intense. She talked about it to her mother, who showed Jenny her childhood drawings of a small town named Malahide. Jenny also went to see a psychologist in hopes of finding out more about the Irishwoman's life that constantly appeared in her dreams. In her memories, the woman Mary Sutton had four children, one stillborn baby and, soon after, another baby girl, all the while dealing with an abusive husband. Jenny was determined to track down all the children, so she went to Ireland to begin her search. She set out to reunite the Suttons after all these decades. Mary Sutton died at the age of 37 due to ill health. Throughout her life, she had never been treasured by her husband. Now Jenny believed that she was Mary in her past incarnation and that her mission was to bring Mary's children together, so Mary's last wish could be fulfilled. // Also in the cast are Hume Cronyn, portraying one of Mary's grown sons, now elderly, and Claire Bloom.

Here are two music videos with clips from the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxoyzECYuE4

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHhnYqGTuPA

Youtube thumbnail

• Flower

I agree with the other poster. I remember the story where a woman in America had visions of someone's past life in Ireland. The old man was Hume Cronyn.