Is my empty Slow Cooker a serious hazard?

I was using my slow cooker to humidify my house by filling it with water and heating it on high with the lid off. It was working fine but I had to refill the water every 24 hours. I left to spend the night elsewhere and forgot to unplug it. I realize it is probably bone dry and I won't be home until tomorrow. How dangerous is this?? Will my house burn down while I am gone???

Favorite Answer

yes its dangerous. anytime a crock pot or any kind of pot is left to run dry on a heated surface. you need to get someone to go check on it for you.

• Danny

Yes.

Ditch the crock pot for adding moisture to the air and get a vaporizer the kind ya get for a kids room for when their sick. They have two rods sticking into the water that complete the circuit when plugged in. no water no current flow. 100% safe

• Roz

Possibly.

call someone to check on it before it causes a serious fire, or go back yourself if you value

your possessions

Source(s): better safe than sorry. see if you can put a timer on it for future use.

yes it could cause a fire