17 year old guy sleeping with a teddy bear?

Ok, so there's a friend of mine who's always there for me. Whenever I need her she's there to give me a hug at school and it really does help me a lot...she's become like a big sister to me. What's been happening recently is that before I go to sleep, or just whenever, I need a hug. Since... show more Ok, so there's a friend of mine who's always there for me. Whenever I need her she's there to give me a hug at school and it really does help me a lot...she's become like a big sister to me. What's been happening recently is that before I go to sleep, or just whenever, I need a hug. Since she's not there to give me one I've brought down the teddy bear I used to have as a little kid and hug it (pretending its her) and then I go to sleep with it.

The thing is that I'm a 17 year old guy. Is this normal or should I just stop?
Update: What's also weird is that I want to buy another teddy bear so that I can name it after my friend.
I don't want to change the bear's name after 17 years.
Update 2: Bettas, I think of her like a sister. I'd never do tht.