Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 10 years ago

17 year old guy sleeping with a teddy bear?

Ok, so there's a friend of mine who's always there for me. Whenever I need her she's there to give me a hug at school and it really does help me a lot...she's become like a big sister to me. What's been happening recently is that before I go to sleep, or just whenever, I need a hug. Since she's not there to give me one I've brought down the teddy bear I used to have as a little kid and hug it (pretending its her) and then I go to sleep with it.

The thing is that I'm a 17 year old guy. Is this normal or should I just stop?

What's also weird is that I want to buy another teddy bear so that I can name it after my friend.

I don't want to change the bear's name after 17 years.

Bettas, I think of her like a sister. I'd never do tht.

• Best Answer

Psh, I'm a 23 year old who still sleeps with her blankie.

I sleep with a teddy bear, and I am a lot older. I actually use the bear as pillow, and if I am on the road (I travel a lot), I tend to do the same thing with a regular pillow - bunch it up so I can sleep on my side. I have normal relationships, no attachment to my childhood, no stuffed animal fetish, etc. The only thing that may be a bit different about me - besides the bear - is that I don't give a darn what anyone thinks of me. Maybe your pal doesn't either.

I'm a 20 year old guy. And I have this bestest friend in the whole wide world and her name is Abby Gale and I knew her scince we were one years old..now I haven't seen her in six years and I really miss her and I have this teddy bear I named after her and I sleep with it and hug it..thats how much I miss her. Is this normal for me?

teddy bears do not care what your age is that is one good thing about them they will be there for you if you need them

Oh, don't be silly, Harry states.

A teddy bear can always be there for you to hug!

Nothing wrong with it, don't worry what others say.

• If it works for you then keep doing it. It's fine as long as you don't go hugging it in public or carrying it around as a doll...lol

But really it's fine and don't worry about it

My brother did that and my mom stole it from him.

It's time to let teddy go

Haha, its ok. Just don't tell anyone...and don't ever think the teddys her and get in the...uh...you know..mood

• Lv 7

my bf is 18 and he still sleeps with his baby blanket. all it is now is a knot of strings but he holds it in his hand as he sleeps.

Uh it's a little unnatural but what ever you want to do.