What do Jehovah's Ws children do at school during Valentines Day?

I am a teacher in public school, and one of the teachers for my special ed kids threw the biggest Valentine day party I have ever sen in school. There were so many parents there volunteering and candy galore. Even sugar free candy in case there was a diebetic. The parents of many of the kids sent the most... show more I am a teacher in public school, and one of the teachers for my special ed kids threw the biggest Valentine day party I have ever sen in school. There were so many parents there volunteering and candy galore. Even sugar free candy in case there was a diebetic.

The parents of many of the kids sent the most beautiful Valentine cards to their kids, and the teacher read aloud the dedications on the cards. They said things like, "Dear, you were a tiny little creature when you were born, but you have grown in our hearts so big that you will never leave our hearts. We love you and are proud of you! Happy Valentines Day!"

They were so touching, and came with family pictures of the kids as inrfants. Some made them into little Cupids out of photo shop. Parents were crying. Even the kids let out an occasional "Awwww." (1st grade class btw. They do that a lot.)

Everybody gave Valentines, and everybody got valentines. Except for..... drum rol.....
The one JW kid. Her mom was there in the corner with her arms folded and a frown on her face. Her daughter was reading and doing homework, worsheets etc. I of copurse knew the first second that she was a JW. So Iwent over to talk to her just to see what she would say. She didn't speak English, she just said something like, "No lo permito."( "I don't allow it") I tried to engage her in Spanish but she just refused to get into the reasons. ""somos Testigos de Jehova'. No celebramos Valenmtine Day." That was about as much as she probably knew to say about it. I guessed that she was new to the JWs.

I asked the teacher, Ms. Lee after what she did with JW kids and if she had alternative parties for them. She just said "No." But then she said something that shocked and horrified me. "Most of the time they ask if it is an art project, and if I say "yes" then they say, well it's an educational art project so they can make all the hearts and Cupids they want."

I was floored. An art project that includes making Hearts on Valentines day and giving and receiving Valentines and candy?!!? WTF?

I have never heard of it before, Yet, Ms. Lee, teaching for over 30 years, said "MOST of the time" She said it was rare what the mother was doing to day, actually coming down to the school to make sure her child sis not do anything pagan.

Anyone else know what JW kids do on Valentines Day?

Oh, and I also asked the mom in question, if she gave cards etc. to her kid at other times during the year. She just looked completely condused at that question and just said "No."