Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Black people could you please answer these questions?

3. What was the significance of June 19, 1865, known as Juneteenth?

a)The remaining slaves in the United States learned that the Civil War had been won by the North and that they were now free.

b)The Fifteenth Amendment was passed, giving African-American men the right to vote.

c)The Freedmen's Bureau was established.

4. During Reconstruction, who became the first African-American senator, ironically completing the term vacated ten years earlier by Jefferson Davis, who left the Senate to become the president of the Confederacy?

a)Frederick Douglass

b)Hiram Revels

c)P.B.S. Pinchback

5. Around the turn of the last century a debate raged between two major black leaders, one calling for blacks to strive for economic betterment that would eventually win them wider acceptance in white society, and the other calling for immediate social and political equality. Who were the two framers of this debate?

a) George Washington Carver and Booker T. Washington

b) W.E.B DuBois and Carter Woodson

c) W.E.B. DuBois and Booker T. Washington

6. Which of the following was NOT a black nationalist movement?

a)A. Philip Randolph's Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters

b)Malcolm X's Nation of Islam

c)Marcus Garvey's Universal ***** Improvement Association

9. When were the last Jim Crow laws, which institutionalized segregation in the south, abolished?

a)1954: The Supreme Court case, Brown v. Board of Education, ended Jim Crow.

b)1963: The March on Washington led to the overturning of the last Jim Crow law

c)1968: The passage of the Fair Housing Act

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

a

c

c

a

c, i think

• 1 decade ago

Dude this is the Internet not a Black History Final Exam. Anyways the questions are simple what I don't know off the top I can plug key words in google, bing or yahoo and recite books of information.

In a nutshell all of the above have to deal with us/blacks being integrated/accepted into the mainstream.

According to Belafonte, King said that "blacks integrating with whites is like integrating into a burning house"

Reflecting on the state of our youth and communities, that phrase mirrors the truth regardless of the efforts of our forefathers who believed we would be accepted. We're not accepted some are tolerated but not accepted to this day.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

i think of that's a sterotype to think of Black human beings do no longer make sturdy grades and be on drugs. i think of you men ought to get out of long island. Cuz it fairly is not how different blacks stay in different states. whilst i grow to be an adolescent at school, each and every race grow to fret approximately sturdy grades, entering into college, and greater-curricular events. the colleges down south attempt to stay intergrated as much as attainable. we don't have those black white themes too plenty. properly a minimum of no longer at school. in fact, in case you probably did no longer make sturdy grades that wasn't cool. i grow to be in all honors training alongside with many different black scholars.

• 1 decade ago

Lol as if all Black people have this information ingrained in their brains.

Could you name all of the people who signed the declaration of independence? They're all white aren't they.

Or perhaps you're Latino. Could you tell me everything about the Mexican-American war and perhaps a little bit about Pancho Villa.

And if you're Asian, I'd love for you to tell me about how Chinatown was founded. And all about Asian-Americans during WWII...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try the History section or under homework help.

Not only Black people would know these answers...anyone who knows American History well should be able to help.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good luck with ur homework

• 1 decade ago

3. c.

4. c.

i'm bored with this now...

have a nice day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LMAO, they wont be able to answer this question silly. This section is for insulting people and reporting people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not going to do your homework for you.

• ...you do know that it isn't only Black people that could answer these, right?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.